Curses

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 05/19/2014 21:24
  • Post subject: Curses
Do you think it is possible to curse someone? Do you know someone who has cursed another person before?

This thread is about those unexplainable things which go wrong. Those coincidences which usually involve bad things happening to people because they were being bad in the past or got jinxed or something. You know, pharaohs curses and all that.

Anyone got any interesting cases of such? Are they usually just coincidences or are other forces at work?
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/20/2014 16:21
  • Post subject: Re: Curses
an_outlaw wrote:
Do you know someone who has cursed another person before?

My mate stopped a guy from walking for a few months.
Mdemauri

United States

• Posted: 05/20/2014 19:58
  • Post subject:
I don't know if it is possible to curse someone. But at the same time, I believe in karma.
  • Visit poster's website
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/20/2014 20:04
  • Post subject:
Yeah I got a curse from a witch, she made me ginger, I need to find true love's kiss to restore normality.
CubaZed

• Posted: 05/20/2014 20:12
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
Yeah I got a curse from a witch, she made me ginger, I need to find true love's kiss to restore normality.

revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 05/21/2014 05:45
  • Post subject:
my dad says that he tries to curse people when he really really hates them. like apparently he was bullied by a kid in high school, he "cursed" him, and now he has aids.

yeah my dad is weird and pretty volatile

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
karbutt

United States

• Posted: 05/24/2014 18:28
  • Post subject:
i was born
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/24/2014 18:52
  • Post subject:
So the other day I had this gypsy-looking woman come into my shop. I don't know why, but I was terrified of her, and certain after she left that she had put a curse on me. The following was the rest of my day:

- A coworker (one of my closest buds at work) phones me up to tell he tried to kill himself, and now he's going to the hospital, which is distressing in its own right - but now I have to take his shift. I underslept the night before in anticipation of a short shift, but am now forced to complete an extra-long shift with minimal sleep.
- A couple customer's come in who had purchased $150 of tea the day before, and it had spilled in their car, and so they returned to demand another $150 worth of tea for free. We offer them some other tea as a sort of "I'm sorry that you ruined your tea your own damn self here's some tea" but it was "the tea they wanted" so they rejected it, called our HQ, and told us we were the "worst customer service in the world".
- I realize I packed no lunch, had no breakfast, and have no money save some bus fare, so I cannot eat.
- As I'm leaving at the end of my shift I brew one last cup of tea for a friend of mine for free and the water goes straight through the brewer and scolds my hand, so I have to apply burn gel and bandages.
- Bus driver accuses me of not paying, refuses to give me a transfer at the station, leaving me alone, tired, in the cold night, with no money, left to make the two hour walk home.
- Call my girlfriend to tell her about my shitty day and to ask for a ride, phone dies despite being at two bars before I can tell her where I am. None of the shops along Bloor will let me use their phone.

Convinced it was a gypsy curse.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website