Featured Artists

View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 03/21/2013 13:10
  • Post subject: Featured Artists
I don't particularly want to bring this issue up again, given what happened last time, but certain users are still editing out the featured artists from tracks. I find it quite offensively closed-minded, with the people editing out said featured artists not particularly being renowned for being fans of the genres or artists for whom they are deciding what their tracklists should look like on BEA. I find it confusing to look at a track listing that doesn't have the featured artists where they should be. Can we put a ban on people editing this out until there is a separate feature in place to list the featured artist(s) alongside the track title in a separate column please? As I've stated before, I find it highly disrespectful. I've PM'd one member who has been doing this already, but I really do think a rule needs to be put in place that stops this form of editing from being allowed, at least until there is a cleaner, more organised way of keeping track of the featured artists. If you need to decide on a single format that looks the same on every album page, then so be it, but getting rid of featured artists altogether really should not be an option.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/21/2013 15:39
  • Post subject:
yes, I thought we had agreed in the other thread that we'd show featured artists where they are listed on the artwork (or equivalent) as part of the title. The help text for that field on the admin page was updated a few weeks ago to reflect this, so people should (hopefully) be aware of this issue. Unfortunately, the help text is quite easy to miss and maybe that's what's happened here.

There's no easy way to police every single edit on the system and to distinguish between different types of edit would become very complicated and could potentially introduce side-effects which could stop people from making legitimate corrections. If it's only a handful of people doing this, the simple way to deal with the problem would just be to let them know. I could have a scan through recent edits and see who needs to be made aware of this.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 03/21/2013 15:40
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
yes, I thought we had agreed in the other thread that we'd show featured artists where they are listed on the artwork (or equivalent) as part of the title. The help text for that field on the admin page was updated a few weeks ago to reflect this, so people should (hopefully) be aware of this issue. Unfortunately, the help text is quite easy to miss and maybe that's what's happened here.

There's no easy way to police every single edit on the system and to distinguish between different types of edit would become very complicated and could potentially introduce side-effects which could stop people from making legitimate corrections. If it's only a handful of people doing this, the simple way to deal with the problem would just be to let them know. I could have a scan through recent edits and see who needs to be made aware of this.

Brilliant, thanks very much.