"Sun is shining, The weather is sweet, Make you want to move your dancing feet"

- Bob Marley & The Wailers

Musical random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 944, 945, 946  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mercury
Why do people have to love people, anyway?

United States

#21 | Posted: 03/27/2013 19:46 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this lot of albums that I really need/want to relisten to tonight after work. The problem is I have no time unless I torture myself with 2 hrs sleep. Those albums are "Rumours", "Automatic for the People", all the Ambient albums by Eno, "Spiderland", "Horses" and "Radio Ethiopia" by Patti Smith. Damn! I love music soooo much!

New Blues

Old Blues
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

#22 | Posted: 03/27/2013 19:50 | Post subject: Reply with quote
sheep21 wrote:
Talking > Everything Else

This.

MrFrogger
No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA

United States

#23 | Posted: 03/27/2013 19:52 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
I have this lot of albums that I really need/want to relisten to tonight after work. The problem is I have no time unless I torture myself with 2 hrs sleep. Those albums are "Rumours", "Automatic for the People", all the Ambient albums by Eno, "Spiderland", "Horses" and "Radio Ethiopia" by Patti Smith. Damn! I love music soooo much!

Spider land is my favorite of all of those, followed by Rumours, then Ambient 1

moojakptorei

#24 | Posted: 03/27/2013 21:26 | Post subject: Reply with quote
This - http://www.popspotsnyc.com/highway61revisited/

Borve Baunehoj

#25 | Posted: 03/27/2013 21:29 | Post subject: Reply with quote
SilverWalrus wrote:
Share it.

No

Cymro2011
I like Guitars

United Kingdom

#26 | Posted: 03/27/2013 21:38 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Ochurch25 wrote:
This - http://www.popspotsnyc.com/highway61revisited/

That was pointlessly awesome. Impressive.

moojakptorei

#27 | Posted: 03/27/2013 21:38 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Also this...

Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.

Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.

JMan

#28 | Posted: 03/28/2013 02:45 | Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, can somebody please explain to me why Ramones is the highest rated 1976 album on BEA? All the songs sound very much the same, many songs carry the same verse over and over again, and there's no variety in the songs. How is this a good album?

Mercury
Why do people have to love people, anyway?

United States

#29 | Posted: 03/28/2013 02:59 | Post subject: Reply with quote
JMan wrote:
OK, can somebody please explain to me why Ramones is the highest rated 1976 album on BEA? All the songs sound very much the same, many songs carry the same verse over and over again, and there's no variety in the songs. How is this a good album?

Uh, because the propulsive guitar attack mixed with those great 50s and early 60s pop melodies and those (at times) super brilliant lyrics just all mix together into this 30 minute blast of pure adrenaline greatness. Seriously, at first when I heard it I was like 13 and I thought it was dumb and all sounded the same. I thought the same or similar things about the Sex Pistols. Then as I listened a few more times I started to realize how invigorating the band is. And I started to hear how awesomely catchy the songs are. It is such a great departure from a lot of rock music especially of that time, with there long winded slow developing concepts.

In a way that record and that punk sound that came out of the Ramones (to a great extent) sort of returned rock and roll music to its roots but did it in a much more no-nonsense, louder and faster way. There's no fat on that album. It's like a pure hit of energy!

Listen again, please. And then take a break and then revisit it in a few days. It will come to you. Soon it will be all you can think about.

The track that finally sold me on how great it is was the same song I disliked the most at first, "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue"! The guitar part in there about half way through is pure awesomeness!

Okay, bye.

New Blues

Old Blues

Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

#30 | Posted: 03/28/2013 03:06 | Post subject: Reply with quote
JMan wrote:

You have to view it in the context of punk and also it's historical significance in music and the massive influence it had. You can't go into punk expecting complex compositions. It's a genre that is supposed to be simple. Remember, it made people feel like "Hey, I can make music too!" Hence, its simplicity.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 944, 945, 946  Next
Page 3 of 946
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music

Jump to: