Musical random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 913, 914, 915 ... 980, 981, 982  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 05/16/2017 13:26
  • Post subject:
I begin and end the album with both versions of race for the prize, don't like the second waitin' for superman tbh
Daydreamer

• Posted: 05/16/2017 17:01
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Daydreamer wrote:
A question for The Flaming Lips fans because I know there's a lot of you here.

When you guys listen to The Soft Bulletin do you listen to both remix and original versions of Race For The Prize and Waitin' For A Superman or just the version you personally prefer?

I only listen to the originals. Race for the Prize is the first track and Waitin' For a Superman is in the middle. Mostly because I don't want to hear the same song twice on the same album.

Yes this seemed the most logical option. It's just slightly irritating to have remix version of Race For The Prize as a first track and the original at the end.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
boyd94

• Posted: 05/17/2017 18:18
  • Post subject:
I just go with the tracklist on Spotify up to track 12. Don't like the idea of two versions of the same song on one album.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 05/18/2017 12:23
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
I've never listened to Kodak Black where do I start

lookin at you Skinnyboy
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/18/2017 12:46
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
lookin at you Skinnyboy

I know I'm no Skinnyboy, but to give my two cents I'd reccomend Lil B.I.G. Pac - higher highs and lowers lows in a shorter time than his debut. 'Big Bank', 'Gave It All I Got' and 'Too Many Years' might just be one of my favourite three song streaks on any Hip Hop record.

If you enjoy that, then you owe it to yourself to watch his interview on The Breakfast Club which he spends the entirety donning a balaclava and answering questions asked two questions ago.

Link

He references it in his debut, so it's good for research as well as raw entertainment.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 05/18/2017 14:30
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
lookin at you Skinnyboy

Painting Pictures is a masterpiece. My favourite album of the year.
undefined

• Posted: 05/20/2017 02:03
  • Post subject:
thanks y'all. Gonna get on those two releases (and that interview which sounds amazing) ASAP
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 05/20/2017 08:24
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
I know I'm no Skinnyboy, but to give my two cents I'd reccomend Lil B.I.G. Pac - higher highs and lowers lows in a shorter time than his debut. 'Big Bank', 'Gave It All I Got' and 'Too Many Years' might just be one of my favourite three song streaks on any Hip Hop record.

If you enjoy that, then you owe it to yourself to watch his interview on The Breakfast Club which he spends the entirety donning a balaclava and answering questions asked two questions ago.

Link

He references it in his debut, so it's good for research as well as raw entertainment.

Gonna have to agree to disagree with the "lower lows" thing, but 'Can I' is probably my favourite Kodak song. That said, I think every sobg on Painting Pictures would've been an obvious highlight on any of his prior mixtapes. The beats are uniformly excellent, the way the vocals are mixed throughout is incredible (really airy, like Kodak is floating through the beats), and the catchiest hooks of his career. There are a few cringeworthy lyrics, but I think that just adds to the appeal. There's also a very real sense of nihilism on the album that feels more real than ever before. And that Pimp C flow he adopts on 'Candy Paint' is incredible. Me and my friend were sat drinking and smoking last night and listened to the whole record back to front, and at no time did we even consider changing it. I honestly feel if it weren't for his inability to stay out of jail and the (admittedly very worrying) allegations against him, this album would've got a heap of critical acclaim. As is, the promo was weak to non-existent, and larger indie-focused websites rightly or wrongly refused to review it. While Kodak might not deserve to be huge, Painting Pictures does.
Lowkey

United States

• Posted: 05/20/2017 15:47
  • Post subject:
playboi carti mmmmm
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2017 15:49
  • Post subject:
Saw Bon Iver at Boston Calling yesterday. Festival itself was a mess, but that may have been the best live show I've ever seen. He did most of the new album, switched to Holocene as it started to drizzle. As soon as the crescendo hit towards "I was not magnificent", the skies just opened up and it poured as he played through some older stuff, it legitimately felt like an act of God.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website