Chart talk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
joyofdivision

• Posted: 04/06/2017 10:33
  • Post subject:
Finally have enough points for decade charts again and added one for the current decade

2010's by JOD
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/10/2017 21:49
  • Post subject:
made a jazz chart lads

jazz town by alelsupreme
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/12/2017 21:29
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
2017 is off to a nice start.

Updated!
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/15/2017 14:33
  • Post subject:
Felt it high time to give this old thing a bit of a freshen up.

Special mention to Tilly, who is now officially BEAutiful thanks to their wonderful Mellow Zone diary which shows just why this site can still be the best sources for recs if you look hard enough. Oh, and Antonio and Hayden - you've now got two entries each. Much love and big up.

Now also includes a hip-hop LP. I must be going soft.

Always on the lookout for more BEAutiful types - see what I've been spinning and if you think you can help me along drop me a message.
  • Visit poster's website
Mechalodon

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2017 18:32
  • Post subject:
Somebody here needs to make a top 100 Zappa album list.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 04/21/2017 20:30
  • Post subject:
hey y'all, so it's been a few years since I've really started to dive deep into the wide wonderful world of Jamaican music (as I can't state enough, with the invaluable guidance of Jimmy), and I'm a point where I think I can drop a halfway informed representation of everything I've come to love from this wide assortment of genres all too often lumped together collectively as just "reggae"

would love for you lovelies to give a glance to Irie: "Reggae" (Jamaican Music) by dividesbyzero
. rate, comment, subscribe, drop recs (all the recs). all that shit. Especially interested in hearing from Norman, Skinny, Joy, and of course the guru himself Jimmy Dread. One love y'all. Enjoy

P.S. if someone more knowledgeable that myself could look over the genres I've listed and make sure everything is correct and that I haven't horribly mislabeled anything out of ignorance, that would be much appreciated Love
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/21/2017 21:41
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
hey y'all, so it's been a few years since I've really started to dive deep into the wide wonderful world of Jamaican music (as I can't state enough, with the invaluable guidance of Jimmy), and I'm a point where I think I can drop a halfway informed representation of everything I've come to love from this wide assortment of genres all too often lumped together collectively as just "reggae"

would love for you lovelies to give a glance to Irie: "Reggae" (Jamaican Music) by dividesbyzero. rate, comment, subscribe, drop recs (all the recs). all that shit. Especially interested in hearing from Norman, Skinny, Joy, and of course the guru himself Jimmy Dread. One love y'all. Enjoy

P.S. if someone more knowledgeable that myself could look over the genres I've listed and make sure everything is correct and that I haven't horribly mislabeled anything out of ignorance, that would be much appreciated Love

Ya mon.

Stealing some recs off of this. I've recently dived into Jamaica a bit more than usual as well.
  • Visit poster's website
boyd94

• Posted: 04/28/2017 07:16
  • Post subject:
Might sound like a retarded question but I'm retarded at anything related to numbers.

Let's say I rate every song on a 12-track album at 8/10. Obviously the mean average is 8. I do the same with a 13-track album and the average is the same, but to me it's more impressive for an album to contain 13 8/10 tracks than 12. How do I reflect that in a calculation and get a score out of 10?
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 04/28/2017 15:43
  • Post subject:
boyd94 wrote:
Might sound like a retarded question but I'm retarded at anything related to numbers.

Let's say I rate every song on a 12-track album at 8/10. Obviously the mean average is 8. I do the same with a 13-track album and the average is the same, but to me it's more impressive for an album to contain 13 8/10 tracks than 12. How do I reflect that in a calculation and get a score out of 10?

Questions like these made me realise you can't really compare albums by mean average of the songs. That's why I base my album rating mainly on so called "feeling" and use songs scores only as a tie breaker sometimes.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2017 16:17
  • Post subject:
boyd94 wrote:

this is the formula i use:

x^2/(7.4-x)^2=(-10y+1000)^{0.0556}

where x represents the album rating, and y is the track rating.

granted, it's a messy solution, and you have to exclude some of the numbers to produce the desired result (an album with an average track rating of 100 produces a ridiculously low album score, so you have to use common sense here), and i round these numbers up or down at the end, but i find this to be the most accurate way of assessing an album's bestereverness.