Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/23/2018 06:14
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
so finally got around to expressing my love (and charting it out and visualizing it) of the Blues music I have been obsessed with since a wee lad. I had made that deep country pre-war blues chart back some years ago. and now I have made a chart of 100 electric/post-war albums.

here it is Post-War 'lectric Blues by Mercury

no notes on the albums just yet and still some work to do with fully organizing it and still remembering thinsg every few hours that i should mention or include, and all the notes may be coming. but for now, this is a thing.

number 1 is

I Do Not Play No Rock And Roll by Missi...d McDowell

and number 100 is

Live by Gary Clark, Jr.

and both are great albums. so all the stuff in between is pretty great in my opinion.

In all honesty, the blues is the only thing that really matters. I've been going to make a chart here sometime, or another, but looks like you beat me too it. I'll have to make one so we can compare notes.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 02/23/2018 21:09
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Mercury wrote:
so finally got around to expressing my love (and charting it out and visualizing it) of the Blues music I have been obsessed with since a wee lad. I had made that deep country pre-war blues chart back some years ago. and now I have made a chart of 100 electric/post-war albums.

no notes on the albums just yet and still some work to do with fully organizing it and still remembering thinsg every few hours that i should mention or include, and all the notes may be coming. but for now, this is a thing.

number 1 is

and number 100 is

Live by Gary Clark, Jr.

and both are great albums. so all the stuff in between is pretty great in my opinion.

In all honesty, the blues is the only thing that really matters. I've been going to make a chart here sometime, or another, but looks like you beat me too it. I'll have to make one so we can compare notes.

yeah i feel you. Been listening to a lot of blues the last few days and i just feel most comfortable and in my element when i'm listening to it. Went away from it for so long its nice to be back.

And yeah I am curious your thoughts on the chart and I am very interested in your take on the genre as well. I am very unsettled on it (the chart, that is) and I have done a big update just today to it.

Tried to cover many eras, but man the stretch between about 65-70 is dominant.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/23/2018 21:41
  • Post subject:
I can't think of much to add to your electric list at the moment, you even had that Bo Diddley album I added awhile back on there. My list is probably going to focus on the pre war blues though. I've got some more I could add.

Edit:
If you want an interesting listen from last year, you should check out this. It's a bit of deconstruction.

Link

and then maybe The Gories as well?

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 02/23/2018 23:32
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I can't think of much to add to your electric list at the moment, you even had that Bo Diddley album I added awhile back on there. My list is probably going to focus on the pre war blues though. I've got some more I could add.

Edit:
If you want an interesting listen from last year, you should check out this. It's a bit of deconstruction.

Link

and then maybe The Gories as well?

Link

Oooh I have been meaning to delve into some gories since I first heard Jack white name drop them in an interview.

And I’ll be sure to check out that recent album.

As for focusing on pre War Blues, I get that. 3 or 4 years ago image this 60 Shades of the Deep Blues chart. And even then I meant to follow up with a post war chart. Finally got around to it. You may get a kick out of that one.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 02/26/2018 12:06
  • Post subject:
starting to go thru year/decade charts to get rdy for an overall update, just messed around with all the 60s ones. The decade chart only has 1 UK artist on it lol
  • Visit poster's website
Thad

United States

• Posted: 02/27/2018 02:30
  • Post subject:
There's a lot of stuff I need to add to my chart but at this point I just want o get to some decade charts and go from there. I feel like it will help me organize everything much better
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/03/2018 12:38
  • Post subject:
Top Albums By Top BEA Members by Patman360

Got this lad sorted out, peace.

• Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 03/07/2018 03:34
  • Post subject:
After hours of research and data entry, here's a listening list for anyone interested in music from antiquity to 1600.

Ancient/Medieval/Renaissance: Antiquity...sethmadsen
  • Visit poster's website
rkm

• Posted: 03/07/2018 05:56
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:

number 1 is

and number 100 is

Live by Gary Clark, Jr.

Great chart! Really comprehensive. I was glad to see “Couldn’t Stand The Weather” in there (probably my fave SRV), and Bonnie Raitt (although I’d be tempted to go with Road Tested, although it’s not strictly blues). And Robbin Ford snuck in at 99. I was wondering if his brand of blues would rate, but that album is my fave of his also.

I don’t know how you feel about his music, but I think Chris Whitley is an important figure in bringing blues forward in the 90’s and 00’s. I’d also consider Derek Trucks and Tedeschi Trucks band along with Gary Clark Jr.
  • Visit poster's website
rkm

• Posted: 03/07/2018 05:57
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
After hours of research and data entry, here's a listening list for anyone interested in music from antiquity to 1600.

Ancient/Medieval/Renaissance: Antiquity...sethmadsen

I’m thankful, and daunted. I need to save this somewhere.
  • Visit poster's website