Goodbye.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 11/13/2020 15:48
  • Post subject: Goodbye.
I'm leaving. The only good change this site has undergone in eight years is that a few of the old trolls left.

Yes, you read that right. I came back to see if it would be nicer here, but the trolls only got worse. I'm JMan. I'm sorry for lying about myself. I made it look like I was making prototype top 100 charts when I was just making edited versions of one I already had, and I oretended to know nothing about certain people here to play up the game. I never meant to hurt anyone here and I apologize, and understand if you don't care for my presence. Don't worry about that. I came back to give BEA another chance, but I didn't want to reveal myself since I knew I'd be trolled almost immediately. I gave BEA another chance, and since Albummaster made it very clear that he's not going to discipline the trolls because his "relationship will be adversely affected," I can't trust that anything positive will come from this.

Skinny, Gowi, you admit to being assholes and then criticize someone who's just blunt. If I treated you rudely, it's because you deserved it, and you know that. Get used to the idea that I'm leaving with the ability to humbly admit to my mistakes in front of everyone.

Well, AM, I hope you're living the dream. Look at your website: it's so nostalgic! Almost nothing has changed since I made my account eight years ago. No new advencements, huh? I guess that means everything's perfect! People must be FLOCKING to your forums. Must've been all hustle and bustle right before I got here. No dead forums, right? Plus, you've got those trolls that make sure NOBODY leaves. No one ever gets fed up with the trolls here and leaves, or gets punished because they decide to troll back. It's not at all like that rowdy RYM where there are all these features everyone loves, I mean, can't get sorted out. Who needs genres on a music website, anyway?

Well, if you can handle a little constructive criticism from someone who's seen the worst of your website for two years, and only sees the same old stuff after eight, you can find me on RYM. I've never been through shit this bad on any other website. Not even Twitter, of all websites on Earth. But if what I'm saying doesn't make sense to you and you're too angry, go ahead and ban me. I don't trust you to properly discipline people anyway. And believe me. I have been disciplined.

If anyone is going to miss my top 100, don't worry. I'll have it on RYM: as the first page of my new chart of every album I've heard all ranked.
BozoTyrannus

Guyana

• Posted: 11/13/2020 16:01
  • Post subject:
I like it when we get plot twists and season finales on the site. Keeps things fresh.
And make Sean Pean
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/13/2020 16:11
  • Post subject:
Called it from the start.
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 11/13/2020 17:26
  • Post subject:
Wow, I was very active on BEA circa 2013-2014 and then dropped off and came back in 2019 (same username tho). I remember the absolute madlad that was JMan. I'm sorry to see you go a second time. I definitely miss the top 100 chart that had Bat Out of Hell 1, 2, and 3 at the top, good shit. And I mean that earnestly. I gotta say I find it hard to believe that BEA could possibly be worse than Twitter though, there don't seem to be any bot-trolls on BEA at least.

Personally I like BEA better than RYM because for me it's just the ease of use that makes BEA a little better (though admittedly I haven't really explored RYM much since their recent update). I don't think AM is doing anything bad here, moderating a forum is hard work. And while genres would be cool, genre can be so subjective, unlike all the other data on BEA (track names, release date, etc.).

Good luck moving forward though, I really mean it.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/13/2020 17:47
  • Post subject:
EyeKanFly wrote:
Personally I like BEA better than RYM because for me it's just the ease of use that makes BEA a little better (though admittedly I haven't really explored RYM much since their recent update). I don't think AM is doing anything bad here, moderating a forum is hard work. And while genres would be cool, genre can be so subjective, unlike all the other data on BEA (track names, release date, etc.).

Good luck moving forward though, I really mean it.

Agree with all of this, including the final sentiment.
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 11/13/2020 17:52
  • Post subject:
Wow, okay, plot twist of the half decade. But also can't say I'm surprised. Listen man, in my time here (newsfromhome by the way, was going to leave but this post is too wild not to return) you've wanted nothing but respect from members but for some reason you can only even be bothered to try and give respect if it fancies you.
You're very- I'll tryyyyy and remember Charli and Gowi's gender identity. They don't really deserve to have their integral identity and core parts of humanity validated if they're not nice though! - you know?

And you know what, it's ingratiating. You're entitled mate. You have somehow convinced yourself that it's perfectly fine to post skinny's personal information (I do not care if it's freely available elsewhere, it's not yours to post). You were entitled to an apology from me from even vaguely farting the concept of flat earth in your general direction. You don't even vaguely respond well to being hinted at being a magazine subscriber but lord knows you'll call skinny a drunk over and over and over again. I'm not mad at you, this whole situation is actually rather amusing, but I'm breaking it down for you because you seem to believe that you deserve from the outset a sense of respect and mutual appreciation when you can barely muster that for others.

But as Eyekanfly says, good luck moving forward, and maybe get off the rym forums when you can, they're also pretty redpilled.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 11/13/2020 18:10
  • Post subject:
Quote:
If I treated you rudely, it's because you deserved it

Some of the first posts on this site under your new account were trolling and demeaning other people. Yet as soon as the shoe was on the other foot you showed that you were sensitive, fragile, and unable to learn or take accountability for your missteps.

You’re not a teenager anymore, and honestly if you think a little push back from people who don’t want to tolerate bullshit is the same as when various members harassed you and pushed others off the site when you were a literal child it just shows how thin-skinned you are and how you have not improved in this regard at all. For the record? I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I thought you were one of the more energizing new members and at the start of your return I thought you brought more of a net positive than a net negative. Many users can validate that. At least one member of the staff can as well.

Last edited by mickilennial on 11/13/2020 18:20; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 11/13/2020 18:12
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
If I treated you rudely, it's because you deserved it

ah yes, the classic abuser line!
  • Visit poster's website
Moved: 11/13/2020 18:13 by albummaster
From Music to Lounge
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 11/13/2020 18:19
  • Post subject:
well this explains a lot

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website