• Posted: 06/01/2013 18:46
  • Post subject:
Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

• Posted: 06/02/2013 12:29
  • Post subject:
It seems I'm late to the party. Well think of this as a promotion. I think there's this consensus about some bands and albums that they were a good thing that happened to music. You know like Bjork was a good thing that happened to music no matter if you enjoy her works or not. I think we can say that The Seer was a good thing that happened to music.

• Posted: 06/02/2013 12:34
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
I think we can say that The Seer was a good thing that happened to music.

lolwut

There is no consensus here. The only way I could possibly see myself agreeing with this bizarre statement is if you meant it in the sense that all songs and albums are good things to have happened to music because they offer variety and somebody somewhere takes enjoyment from them. But in the context of your post there is no way I agree with this. In what way? How was it good for music? And where is this supposed consensus? On Pitchfork?, or The Quietus?, or in this thread? I'm genuinely curious. How can you state that?

• Posted: 06/02/2013 15:06
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
lolwut

There is no consensus here. The only way I could possibly see myself agreeing with this bizarre statement is if you meant it in the sense that all songs and albums are good things to have happened to music because they offer variety and somebody somewhere takes enjoyment from them. But in the context of your post there is no way I agree with this. In what way? How was it good for music? And where is this supposed consensus? On Pitchfork?, or The Quietus?, or in this thread? I'm genuinely curious. How can you state that?

It was an attempt to say sth that doesn't get any attention because it's such a quiet good-boy comment from someone who didn't do his responsibility in promoting an album he nominated. Well you don't like it that much and you said sth like "Lunacy is unintentionally ridiculous in not-a-good-way". That shows that you're not a part of the consensus Laughing . But lunacy is ridiculous.