World album of the day (#283): The Jester Race by In Flames

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 06/08/2013 14:00
  • Post subject: World album of the day (#283): The Jester Race by In Flames
Today's world album of the day

The Jester Race by In Flames (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1995.
Overall rank: 4,368
Average rating: 71/100 (from 19 votes).

Tracks:
1. Moonshield
2. The Jester's Dance
3. Artifacts of the Black Rain
4. Graveland
5. Lord Hypnos
6. Dead Eternity
7. The Jester Race
8. December Flower
9. Wayfaerer
10. Dead God in Me

About world album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com world album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours, but not including albums from Australia, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom or United States. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of world album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/08/2013 21:18
  • Post subject:
This band is one of the pioneers of melodic death metal. Great genre. This a great album as well.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 06/08/2013 21:19
  • Post subject:
Moonshield is one of my favorite songs of all time.
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/09/2013 01:17
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Moonshield is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The thing I love most about death metal and metal in general is that the best albums are far more engaging than in any other genre. Metal is very accessible to me. Not many people share that sentiment. Why is it accessible? The fast paced instrumentation easily captures and draws my attention. The best metal albums are some of the most engaging and accessible albums I have heard, this one included.

That being said, I don't find other genres to be quite as engaging. While certain genres become tiresome, metal always keeps up the pace. Nothing is boring despite sounding similar because of how engaging the music is, not many genres achieve that.
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 06/09/2013 10:02
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
The thing I love most about death metal and metal in general is that the best albums are far more engaging than in any other genre. Metal is very accessible to me. Not many people share that sentiment. Why is it accessible? The fast paced instrumentation easily captures and draws my attention. The best metal albums are some of the most engaging and accessible albums I have heard, this one included.

That being said, I don't find other genres to be quite as engaging. While certain genres become tiresome, metal always keeps up the pace. Nothing is boring despite sounding similar because of how engaging the music is, not many genres achieve that.

This made absolutely no sense to me. And what did it have to do with Jasonconfused's post about "Moonshield" being one of his favourite songs of all time?

Btw., I haven't heard the album.
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/09/2013 10:20
  • Post subject:
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
This made absolutely no sense to me. And what did it have to do with Jasonconfused's post about "Moonshield" being one of his favourite songs of all time?

Btw., I haven't heard the album.

I don't know, I just had that thought on my mind. Why did it make no sense to you?

And, well, it had little to nothing to do with Jason's comment. I just felt like quoting it I guess?

EDIT: Twisted Evil LISTEN TO IT
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 06/09/2013 11:03
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
I don't know, I just had that thought on my mind. Why did it make no sense to you?

And, well, it had little to nothing to do with Jason's comment. I just felt like quoting it I guess?

EDIT: Twisted Evil LISTEN TO IT

The use of the words "engaging" and "accessible" about death metal seemed odd to me, especially since you nearly claimed the genre as the most "engaging" and "accessible" of all genres. I strongly disagree with the statement that metal, unlike other genres, doesn't get tiresome. It occurs to me once in a while that I'm in the mood for metal, but after a few songs it all start to sound the same. Don't know if it's just another controversial opinion like your dislike of popular bands, but the more I read your post the less meaning I get out of it. Sorry. I got out of bed on the wrong side or something!
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/09/2013 11:10
  • Post subject:
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
The use of the words "engaging" and "accessible" about death metal seemed odd to me, especially since you nearly claimed the genre as the most "engaging" and "accessible" of all genres. I strongly disagree with the statement that metal, unlike other genres, doesn't get tiresome. It occurs to me once in a while that I'm in the mood for metal, but after a few songs it all start to sound the same. Don't know if it's just another controversial opinion like your dislike of popular bands, but the more I read your post the less meaning I get out of it. Sorry. I got out of bed on the wrong side or something!

I don't dislike popular bands. I do dislike certain bands that happen to be popular (though that's been changing for whichever reason, Certain bands I've disliked I've come to enjoy recently), but I certainly don't just dislike bands for being popular (like it seems you're implying). That being said, I also dislike certain unknown bands so it evens out.

That being said, it's fine if you disagree with, i doubt a lot of people would agree with my sentiment, I just find the fast pace that metal typically contains to keep my attention, which is when music really captures me.
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 06/09/2013 11:28
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
I don't dislike popular bands. I do dislike certain bands that happen to be popular (though that's been changing for whichever reason, Certain bands I've disliked I've come to enjoy recently), but I certainly don't just dislike bands for being popular (like it seems you're implying). That being said, I also dislike certain unknown bands so it evens out.

That being said, it's fine if you disagree with, i doubt a lot of people would agree with my sentiment, I just find the fast pace that metal typically contains to keep my attention, which is when music really captures me.

Okay, that's fair enough. Well, the fast pace is also what often draws me in, it fastens your pulse and stuff, but the fast pace is also what draws me out again. It gets tiresome for me (unlike your statement). Okay, I think that was it.