Favorite/Best Concert Moment

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
meruizh

Mexico

• Posted: 07/15/2013 16:52
  • Post subject: Favorite/Best Concert Moment
Music is all about personal experiences for me, a live gig is my favorite type of event.

We've all been to see our favorite bands live. Some of them disappointed us, and some stayed there for the rest of our lifes.

I'm not saying your favorite Gig, or the best concert you've ever witness.

I want to know that special specific moment you felt something amazing was going on.

For me, I've a few, but this is my personal favorite

1) Radiohead - Karma Police
Where: Foro Sol, Mexico City 2012
Why: Karma Police just ended (the song by itself was a great moment), the band was getting ready to perform another song. When suddenly, the whole stadium (70 000) started singing "For a Minute there, I lost myself". Thom Yorke, turned around and started applauding. He took the microphone and did half of the song all over again, with just his voice. Magical moment.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2013 17:01
  • Post subject:
I remember seeing Robert Plant and Alison Krauss live and it was incredible. First, I was seeing an idol of mine (Plant) and second, the whole concert felt like an entirely newish cal expierence. It's hard to describe but I felt like a whole new thing was happening with them. Then they did the coolest, creepiest sounding cover of "Black Dog". The concert was amazing. One of my favorites.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/15/2013 17:01
  • Post subject:
Will come back to this in 5 days.
  • Visit poster's website
TracyJacks

Hungary

• Posted: 07/15/2013 17:09
  • Post subject:
I saw Paul McCartney two weeks ago. My expectations weren't that high after his performance at the Olympics last year.
But he ROCKED. The concert was brilliant, the music was really fantastic during the almost three-hour concert, Paul's voice was also great, and he was funny as always.
Favourite moment: the fireworks during Live and Let Die blew me away.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/15/2013 17:10
  • Post subject:
The raw and visceral charisma of Russell Allen in 2007 during Symphony X's Paradise Lost tour. Pretty much this but in Detroit. This felt so energizing and it was one of the best concert moments of my life.

There was also the Pixies tour in 2011? 2010? Whatever, they did like a 6-7 song encore. Cool
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 07/15/2013 17:13
  • Post subject:
My most favorite moment was actually just after the performance finished up. After my most favorite singer James Otto got done singing on the 31st of January two years ago, I was able to get one more picture of us together and right after the flash went away, I heard him say to me three words that I honestly did not expect anyone to say to me that day: "I love you." Shocked Smile Very Happy

God bless you and him always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

P.S. I just pray that James heard soft spoken me say to him in return, "I love you too!" Pray Pray Pray

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2013 19:34
  • Post subject:
The Music Tapes @ friend's apartment:
This one's pretty unique. The Music Tapes (aka Julien from Neutral Milk Hotel) loves to do house show tours in which he plays a handful of house shows in city in one night. Our place was the second to last stop in the night. He was originally scheduled to arrive at midnight. While we waited, we held our own small house show with multiple performances. Well after midnight passed, Julien texted me to say he was running very late. Many of our friends abandoned ship, as the wait was becoming too much. I continued to advise Julien that we'd stay up as late as necessary. Around 3am, he called and asked if the people hosting the final house show could come to our place, so they wouldn't have to wait. At around 4am, our combined survivors sat together in a living room, half asleep. Julien and his bandmate set up with an elaborate collection of musical props, while their dog sat quietly behind them. Playing his singing saw and banjo, Julien was magnificent. He ended the performance with a game that exercised our imaginations. The whole experience was magical and one of a kind.

Sigur Ros @ Manhattan Center:
In 2008, I was fortunate enough to cover Sigur Ros @ Manhattan Center as a photographer. Positioned within a few feet of the band, I experienced something truly spiritually profound. At that point, I loved their music, but this took things to another level. In the middle of "Sé Lest", a marching band emerged from behind me, and marched around the stage.

and one more.

Les Savy Fav @ McCarren Pool (Brooklyn):
Les Savy Fav frontman Tim Harrington possesses a unique ability. The man has a child-like eye for opportunity. Any way he can create a unique stage presence, he'll find it. McCarren Pool was a massive abandoned public pool that some promoters had recently turned into a concert space for a summer outdoor series. This was one of the very first shows. the space was a hipster summer paradise that included both a slip & slide and dodgeball court. Covered in red paint, the bearded front man danced on railings, threw bags of confetti, and generally ran wild, eventually spotting the dodgeball court. Middle of a song, with a wireless mic in hand, Harrington ran into the middle of the dodgeball court, managing to get smacked in the head by a red rubber ball. Further along, he flung himself down the slip and slide. it was such a wonderfully wild performance, and my photos of the performance would eventually lead to many future gigs.

• Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2013 20:03
  • Post subject:
Last summer I went to the Firefly festival in Delaware, and while the three headliners (Jack White, The Killers, and The Black Keys) were awesome, the defining moment of that event was at the Flaming Lips show. That whole set was phenomenal, but the greatest moment was when Wayne Coyne rolled right over me in his giant hamster ball. So yeah, that was the best, and my friends missed it to see Girl Talk...They were trying to tell me how mediocre Girl Talk was, when I responded with something along the lines of:
(complete with confetti and everything)
Silver

• Posted: 07/15/2013 20:12
  • Post subject:
As of this moment I'd say it's either seeing Yo La Tengo close their electric set with Story Of Yo La Tango and going absolutely crazy with their noise jam shit, or meeting Peter Silberman before and after The Antlers show I went to. He's the nicest person ever.
Error Finn

Finland

• Posted: 07/15/2013 20:17
  • Post subject:
I am reminded strongly Pori Jazz Festival in 1996, when Bo Diddley played the luscious sounds his classic Who Do You Love.