Political/Religious Random Chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 08/18/2013 02:43
  • Post subject:
I'd like to point out that in the video them posted, they acknowledged that the Clinton administration admitted to this program and apologized.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 08/18/2013 03:36
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Post-birth abortions: kill your baby up to age three

Applause finally something sensible written in that article

• Posted: 08/19/2013 02:18
  • Post subject:
School children to be fed 'gay'-promoting lessons

My uncle on this article: "Gotta love them public schools, eh everyone? Teaching important life lessons to your impressionable children."

I'm tempted to comment "It sounds like you're talking about churches, not public schools," but I don't really want to cause a rift in the family.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/19/2013 17:36
  • Post subject:
Always lol at parents who think being gay is something their children can catch by watching a video or something Laughing

That guy in the video at the bottom on the article though, what a twat.

• Posted: 08/19/2013 18:10
  • Post subject:
I guess I don't know the details of the videos, but I really see no reason to believe that they "promote" homosexuality in the sense that the article seem to be talking about (promoting homosexuality over heterosexuality). Seems a lot more probable that the videos are just meant to teach tolerance.

Of course, the people we're dealing with would consider teaching tolerance of homosexuals to be poisoning our children's minds.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/19/2013 18:23
  • Post subject:
My point is that the idea that homosexuality is something which can be promoted is ridiculous to begin with, so whether the video tries to do that or not is irrelevant, as if that was the likely purpose of the video anyway Rolling Eyes Although like you say, for some people the idea that homosexuality even be accepted is controversial.

Weird that this story from Scotland made its way to your uncle's attention, haven't heard about it before now.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 08/19/2013 18:41
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
School children to be fed 'gay'-promoting lessons

My uncle on this article: "Gotta love them public schools, eh everyone? Teaching important life lessons to your impressionable children."

I'm tempted to comment "It sounds like you're talking about churches, not public schools," but I don't really want to cause a rift in the family.

WOoooow, those related articles. What batshit crazy website.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 08/19/2013 18:58
  • Post subject:
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
Weird that this story from Scotland made its way to your uncle's attention, haven't heard about it before now.

My uncle is very quick to the punch any time Christianity is being "oppressed" (lol), even if it's elsewhere in the world. I'm not very proud of my family.

Jackwc wrote:
WOoooow, those related articles. What batshit crazy website.

God, no joke. And did you read the comments? It's surprising, because even on some of the most religious, conservative websites I've been to, most of the commenters are just there to poke holes in the bullshit articles. On this article, though, all of the comments are like "This is happening in America, too" or "America should repent" or the like.

EDIT: Never mind. Out of curiosity, I have attempted to post a comment myself, and I see that it requires moderation (I should have expected as much on this website). That would explain the dominance of homophobic drivel in the comment section.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 08/20/2013 16:00
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
God, no joke. And did you read the comments? It's surprising, because even on some of the most religious, conservative websites I've been to, most of the commenters are just there to poke holes in the bullshit articles. On this article, though, all of the comments are like "This is happening in America, too" or "America should repent" or the like.

EDIT: Never mind. Out of curiosity, I have attempted to post a comment myself, and I see that it requires moderation (I should have expected as much on this website). That would explain the dominance of homophobic drivel in the comment section.

I used to troll the American Family Association's message board years ago to argue with those folks about homosexuality, morality and evolution. Any time I presented a flawless argument poking holes in their insane beliefs, it would disappear immediately. I can't tell you how many times I was told that the dinosaurs are just a hoax.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 08/20/2013 17:59
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
I used to troll the American Family Association's message board years ago to argue with those folks about homosexuality, morality and evolution. Any time I presented a flawless argument poking holes in their insane beliefs, it would disappear immediately. I can't tell you how many times I was told that the dinosaurs are just a hoax.

Censorship speaks much more loudly than a sound argument, unfortunately. And yet these are the same people who get upset when their anti-evolution theories are "censored" out of the scientific community.