Political/Religious Random Chat

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 08/12/2013 13:49
  • Post subject: Political/Religious Random Chat
Y'know, same as the other random chats, except for topics that are political or religious and don't belong elsewhere. I thought it could be useful.

Anyway, I was prompted to make this thread by the discovery of this lovely gem. I can't say that I'm that surprised, but it is somewhat shocking to see the number of ways people in power will find to force their beliefs on others.

• Posted: 08/12/2013 16:03
  • Post subject: Re: Political/Religious Random Chat
swedenman wrote:
Y'know, same as the other random chats, except for topics that are political or religious and don't belong elsewhere. I thought it could be useful.

Anyway, I was prompted to make this thread by the discovery of this lovely gem. I can't say that I'm that surprised, but it is somewhat shocking to see the number of ways people in power will find to force their beliefs on others.

Reminds me of this:

But yeah, that is stupid. While having his name changed probably will avoid future conflict, thinking your religion is so high and mighty that you have to change children's names is fucking stupid.

• Posted: 08/12/2013 16:16
BrandonMeow wrote:
Reminds me of this:

But yeah, that is stupid. While having his name changed probably will avoid future conflict, thinking your religion is so high and mighty that you have to change children's names is fucking stupid.

I admit the issue is a gray area. I think parents should pretty well be able to name their children whatever they wish, but one would have a hard time arguing that naming a child something like "Nutsack" isn't child abuse. However, as the article points out, "Messiah" is a name that is quickly rising in popularity. In addition to that, I don't believe for even half of a second that the judge made the ruling in the interest of the child's well-being. It's obvious (and her statement on the issue doesn't even attempt to conceal this) that the name offended her personal beliefs, and that her ruling was based on that. I mean, since when do comments like this...

"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ."

...have any justifiability within the realm of United States law?
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/13/2013 03:53
swedenman wrote:
I admit the issue is a gray area. I think parents should pretty well be able to name their children whatever they wish, but one would have a hard time arguing that naming a child something like "Nutsack" isn't child abuse. However, as the article points out, "Messiah" is a name that is quickly rising in popularity. In addition to that, I don't believe for even half of a second that the judge made the ruling in the interest of the child's well-being.

All of this. There's been quite a few instances where parents have been denied naming their child a certain name in the UK because it will disadvantage the child in life but never because it has offended a judge's personal religious beliefs. Should lose her job tbh, scary how she's a judge in the first place.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/13/2013 03:57
  • Post subject:
Old clip but only found it today, Irish politics is great but where is everybody?

Link

"that is most unparliamentary language" lol
Le_Samurai

• Posted: 08/13/2013 04:26
  • Post subject:

Link

Yep, no more class in america, just like how there isn't anymore racism.... I also like how everybody can now succeed in america as well, as if this shit is fair
them

United States

• Posted: 08/14/2013 17:50
  • Post subject:
1960's MKULTRA Subliminal Government MIND CONTROL

Link

Government and television stations have been CAUGHT adding subliminal messages of actual government mind control in this archive footage from the 1960s which, on its face, appears to be an ordinary sign off of broadcasting for the day.

INSTEAD, it's filled with commands to OBEY GOVERNMENT and regard it as GOD.

Not only did the government attempt to brainwash the public en masse through their television sets to be obedient to government, but there are two references in here to actual government-run mind control projects perpetrated against the American people that were not declassified until the 1970s: MKULTRA and MKNAOMI.

While the CIA claims these programs were 'officially halted' in 1973, some say there is proof they have never stopped, but instead, have only gotten more sophisticated and gone deeper underground.
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 08/14/2013 19:13
  • Post subject:
them wrote:
While the CIA claims these programs were 'officially halted' in 1973, some say there is proof they have never stopped, but instead, have only gotten more sophisticated and gone deeper underground.

The government doesn't need to use subliminal mind control. They just need to keep us distracted with long exhausting work days, and mind-numbing television. There's so much useless information/misinformation being fed to the masses that it becomes hard to focus on the important stuff. Government officials use strategic talking points to divert the conversations. It's all slight of hand.
  • Visit poster's website
them

United States

• Posted: 08/14/2013 19:19
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
The government doesn't need to use subliminal mind control. They just need to keep us distracted with long exhausting work days, and mind-numbing television. There's so much useless information/misinformation being fed to the masses that it becomes hard to focus on the important stuff. Government officials use strategic talking points to divert the conversations. It's all slight of hand.

I agree meccalecca.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 08/17/2013 08:39
  • Post subject:
http://www.naturalnews.com/041102_abort...tions.html

Holy hell. This whole article Laughing