Updating album info

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 08/26/2013 08:09
  • Post subject: Updating album info
Hello! Although I do moderate every new album I put in and save my changes, the changes don't appear afterwards and the album is still artless and trackless.

See for instance Lee Morgan's ¡Caramba!, for which I have entered all the necessary data (tracks, release year, album art, none of them appear after moderation) :

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=46001

Same thing happened last night with other LPs.

EDIT : on the other hand, it worked with The Deviants' Disposable :

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=46002

Think

EDIT (2) : tried the trick with another year, it will accept the last album moderated, although every time I moderate one, it tells me the album was "successfully updated".
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 08/26/2013 11:56
  • Post subject:
Doing it otherwise, seems to work.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/26/2013 14:07
  • Post subject:
For some reason, there were a lot of duplicate albums added with the same titles. I'm not sure if this was part of the problem or not, but these have now all been merged into a single release.
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 08/26/2013 14:35
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
For some reason, there were a lot of duplicate albums added with the same titles. I'm not sure if this was part of the problem or not, but these have now all been merged into a single release.

When I saw the updates hadn't worked, I re-updated - still didn't work. Maybe that explains the multiple release bug? Anyway, it's working now. Thanks.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/26/2013 17:58
  • Post subject:
Apologies, that's the first time this problem has been reported. I'll check into and see why it happened. I can't quite understand at the moment how multiple copies of the same album would have been added, unless it was via a chart.
  • Visit poster's website
gtroda

• Posted: 08/27/2013 04:10
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:

This is happening to me tonight. I added a few albums and before I could update there were several copies in the database. I put the info into one so if they are merged it should be okay. No idea why this happened. I didn't do anything different from when I've added albums before.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/27/2013 07:40
  • Post subject:
Thanks, just noticed it has happened again. I'm not sure why, over the last couple of days, this has started happening because no code has changed on the site recently, and it's interesting that the same thing has now happened to more than one person. I'm just wondering how it might have happened so that I can add something to the site to stop it happening again.

The only time albums are added to the site is when a chart is saved, as the admin pages only allow updates of existing albums (& not new additions). When the chart was saved, did it happen to take longer than usual, or perhaps the page was refreshed while it was saving the chart, or perhaps something else happened that seemed unusual at the time? (there's nothing in the error logs to indicate what the problem might have been)
  • Visit poster's website
gtroda

• Posted: 08/27/2013 12:12
  • Post subject:
2 nights ago, probably around when the problem happened for Norman, I noticed that the site was running really slow and taking a long time to refresh. But last night it was running fine and I didn't notice anything unusual when I was adding these albums to my charts. I don't believe I did anything different from what I've ever done before.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 08/27/2013 12:42
  • Post subject:
gtroda wrote:
2 nights ago, probably around when the problem happened for Norman, I noticed that the site was running really slow and taking a long time to refresh.

Yes it did. The site was very slow.
  • Visit poster's website
gtroda

• Posted: 08/31/2013 03:55
  • Post subject:
It's happening to me again tonight. I can see no logical reason why on this end.