Your own private charts visible like were they public

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/01/2013 14:31
  • Post subject: Your own private charts visible like were they public
A little suggestion: when your charts are private, they're, for you, only visible in the somewhat messy edit mode. I'd like to be able to view my private charts with the 10 albums per page and all the neat opportunities to filter the albums after band/decade/country. I have a couple of charts that I don't intend to show others (hopefully, they're also quite uninteresting for others than me), so what I'm hoping for is one day to be able to keep them private and avoid making them public just to have a better overview of the different albums.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 09/01/2013 15:28
  • Post subject:
I had this thought too.

Whilst I wanted my chart to be private but I lost being able to see how diverse my chart internationally and chronologically, which is helpful when seeing where to listen next. I had to resort to making my chart public.

It's no necessity, but it'd be nice to have.

• Posted: 09/01/2013 17:49
  • Post subject:
You can already do this.

When you click "edit chart", look at the url. You see those numbers at the end? Copy those.

Now exit out and go view your overall chart normally (or any public chart really). You see those numbers at the end of the url? Erase those, and paste the numbers you copied from your private chart. Hit enter, and voila.
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/01/2013 19:59
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:
You can already do this.

When you click "edit chart", look at the url. You see those numbers at the end? Copy those.

Now exit out and go view your overall chart normally (or any public chart really). You see those numbers at the end of the url? Erase those, and paste the numbers you copied from your private chart. Hit enter, and voila.

Oh, thanks! It wasn't the most obvious thing to figure out, not to me anyway, and maybe a little difficult, but it was very useful. Very cool that you had figured it out. Thanks a lot!

• Posted: 09/01/2013 22:15
  • Post subject:
No problem. I also like to see how things look that way. Maybe albummaster can set up a simple "view chart" link next to the lock sign or something.

• Posted: 09/01/2013 22:37
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:
You can already do this.

Does that mean if you saved those numbers from someone's chart on your computer somewhere, and they later made their chart private, you could still view it? XD Or does it not work that way?

• Posted: 09/01/2013 23:13
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Does that mean if you saved those numbers from someone's chart on your computer somewhere, and they later made their chart private, you could still view it? XD Or does it not work that way?

Don't think so. But try if you want: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=13186

• Posted: 09/01/2013 23:14
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:
Don't think so. But try if you want: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=13186

Didn't work. XD

• Posted: 09/01/2013 23:18
  • Post subject:
Bummer.

• Posted: 09/01/2013 23:19
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:
Bummer.

Yeah, I was really anticipating breaking into people's private charts and uncovering their deep dark secrets.