Easier Chart composition

View previous topic :: View next topic
antiloopje

Belgium

• Posted: 09/04/2013 19:54
  • Post subject: Easier Chart composition
Hello,

I was thinking about some ways to make chart composition easier:

1) If your limit is 40 albums, than it should be possible to put e.g. 47 albums while building the chart (so you have a better overview of the ones that are just in or out). Once publishing the chart, those 7 extra albums won't be saved.

2) Instead of typing each album in the chart building page, you could
(a) Drag albums from another screen on the chart building page (So in this case, you're actually busy building a chart and have two windows open: one with the building page and another one with the album page or someone else's chart or ... )
(b) Have an extra option on an album page that says "Include this album in one of your charts >" leads you to a submenu with your charts. Choose one of them and immediatly arrive on the chart building page (with the album added on the last place, you only hove to move it to another place; would work best when combined with suggestion 1)

If these things have been suggested before, could you please post a link to the forum post. Thx
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 09/04/2013 20:49
  • Post subject:
I'm not too big on 2), though I'm not sure why yet; but 1) would be very useful indeed, and I second it.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 09/04/2013 22:03
  • Post subject:
1 yes, 2b yes, 2a not so sure. That would be nice but would be a bitch to code.

• Posted: 09/04/2013 22:29
  • Post subject:
2b is very good.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/16/2013 18:33
  • Post subject: Re: Easier Chart composition
antiloopje wrote:
Hello,

I was thinking about some ways to make chart composition easier:

1) If your limit is 40 albums, than it should be possible to put e.g. 47 albums while building the chart (so you have a better overview of the ones that are just in or out). Once publishing the chart, those 7 extra albums won't be saved.

2) Instead of typing each album in the chart building page, you could
(a) Drag albums from another screen on the chart building page (So in this case, you're actually busy building a chart and have two windows open: one with the building page and another one with the album page or someone else's chart or ... )
(b) Have an extra option on an album page that says "Include this album in one of your charts >" leads you to a submenu with your charts. Choose one of them and immediatly arrive on the chart building page (with the album added on the last place, you only hove to move it to another place; would work best when combined with suggestion 1)

If these things have been suggested before, could you please post a link to the forum post. Thx

Good ideas. I think 2b, out of all these, sounds the most workable option and I'll add to the list (I think a similar thing has previously been suggested by Robert Anton Wilson - http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...p?p=163964 but I've been a bit tied up outside of BEA lately to implement this). With idea 1, you could already have these at the bottom of your chart and delete them before the chart is saved (not quite the same, but until something else is implemented, it is an option).
  • Visit poster's website
antiloopje

Belgium

• Posted: 09/27/2013 14:16
  • Post subject:
Thanks for your response. I'm fully aware that 2a is very hard to implement, but it was only a suggestion.

Also thanks for the link. I hadn't found that thread but pretty everything I said is discussed there too Brick wall

Have a nice day,
antiloopje
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 09/27/2013 15:12
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
1 yes, 2b yes, 2a not so sure. That would be nice but would be a bitch to code.

Echo Echo Echo

That means I highly agree with this statement.