13%
 13%  [3]
No.
59%
 59%  [13]
Total Votes : 22

JMan

• Posted: 09/23/2013 01:28
  • Post subject: It has come to my attention...
That I may have insulted BEA members with a previous comment of mine regarding "fanboys," and I apologize. I understand that most people here are trying to help me, and I am working hard on being able to take constructive criticism. If I ever get mad at anyone for no reason, I will ise this comment to remind myself that everyone is here to help me.

I might've angered people with past comments about Radiohead. And due tosome isolation from the internet for many years of my life, I could not comprehend Radiohead's influence on music.

So again, I know people are trying to help me, and I hope I did not insult anyone. I know I'm very socially awkward, but I am very smart in other areas of my mind, most notable my creativity.

Please accept my apology, and I will try not to use the term "fanboy." And I hope some people can let go of past arguments. I'll try to be less angry.

Last edited by JMan on 09/23/2013 16:34; edited 5 times in total
nutso42

• Posted: 09/23/2013 01:53
  • Post subject: Re: It has come to my attention...
JMan wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that a Radiohead album, desptie how good it is, can actually top DSOTM or a Beatles album on any website.

I have the Bends ranked higher than DSOTM.... Sad

Ah, forget it. We appreciate the effort Very Happy

• Posted: 09/23/2013 02:10
JMan wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that a Radiohead album, desptie how good it is, can actually top DSOTM or a Beatles album on any website.

Think
nutso42

• Posted: 09/23/2013 02:20
swedenman wrote:
Think

Just let it go. Deep breaths. Breeeath....

Wink

• Posted: 09/23/2013 02:25
nutso42 wrote:
Just let it go. Deep breaths. Breeeath....

Wink

Lol. I'm not upset, just puzzled Laughing
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 09/23/2013 02:36
  • Post subject:
Hey everybody look at me

Hail To The Thief > Piper At The Gates Of Dawn = OK Computer > Animals = Wish You Were Here > The Bends > Kid A > Atom Heart Mother > Dark Side Of The Moon > In Rainbows = Ummagumma > Meddle > The Wall > King Of Limbs > Momentary Lapse Of Reason > Amnesiac >>> Pablo Honey >>>>>>>> The Division Bell

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 09/23/2013 03:01
  • Post subject:
Okay, Jack. You can tease me about finding it weird that a very important and influencial album such as DSOTm could be topped by an album I had never even heard of until I first joined BEA, by a wide array of fans of the most famous band in the world: The Beatles. Go ahead, tease me, but I want an answer to ym apology. If you can't do that, leave the thread and stop being an ass.

I'm trying to open up to people and better myself, jack. o you really want to make me angry?
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 09/23/2013 03:18
JMan wrote:
That I may have insulted BEA members with a previous comment of mine regarding "fanboys," and I apologize.

The term "fanboy" has always confused me. It can't be just a "fan," cause we're all fans of something. I checked the urban dictionary and the first definition given is,

"A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces."

That didn't really make sense in this situation. I mean, most of us on here are music geeks with occasional lapses in social grace (myself included), so this couldn't have been what you meant. The next definition is,

"A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not."

This obviously doesn't apply, though I guess you could replace "game or company" with "album" or "band." That made some sense, but then even you didn't seem to think that Radiohead sucked, so it wasn't a perfect fit. Then there was this definition:

"A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like. "

I was going to dismiss this one too, but then I saw one of the sentences in your apology:

JMan wrote:

There we go. Laughing

Seriously, though, I didn't find what you said offensive, just kinda silly. It sounded a little like a conspiracy theory, and those have very poor track records of success. It's cool of you to try and make peace, though, especially if it really bothered other folks.
JMan

• Posted: 09/23/2013 03:21
  • Post subject:
OK, well I never meant it to be a conspiracy theory. I just figured users do that.

• Posted: 09/23/2013 03:24
JMan wrote:

I would rank the contents of your average toilet bowl higher than DSOTM!

Very Happy