I HATE COMPILATIONS

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:08
  • Post subject:
I think compilations are good for casual listeners who have heard a few of a band's songs on the radio and would like to hear a few more. For more serious listeners such as myself, they are the worst things imaginable for the reasons stated in the original post. They are horribly misrepresentative of the band's sound and make it impossible to appreciate them for the artist that they are.

Also, Polythene Pam, A Night at the Opera happens to be my favorite album Razz And Sheer Heart Attack is great, as well.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:30
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
I think compilations are good for casual listeners who have heard a few of a band's songs on the radio and would like to hear a few more. For more serious listeners such as myself, they are the worst things imaginable for the reasons stated in the original post. They are horribly misrepresentative of the band's sound and make it impossible to appreciate them for the artist that they are.

Also, Polythene Pam, A Night at the Opera happens to be my favorite album Razz And Sheer Heart Attack is great, as well.

Queen made many great songs. As far as their albums I've always enjoyed news Of The World the most and have it on my chart.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:34
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
swedenman wrote:

Queen made many great songs. As far as their albums I've always enjoyed news Of The World the most and have it on my chart.

Brick wall

News of the world is absolute shit.

Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:39
  • Post subject:
Xavygravy wrote:
GARY wrote:
swedenman wrote:

Also, Polythene Pam, A Night at the Opera happens to be my favorite album :P And Sheer Heart Attack is great, as well.

](*,)

](*,)

Why so much Queen hate around here, today? It's Freddie's birthday... ; _ ;

Besides, Night At The Opera, Sheer Heart Attack and News Of The World are all great.
GREAT I TELL YOU.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:44
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Xavygravy wrote:
GARY wrote:
swedenman wrote:

Brick wall

Brick wall

Besides, Night At The Opera, Sheer Heart Attack and News Of The World are all great.
GREAT I TELL YOU.

Oh, it is? Kewl.

I have 3 Queen albums on my chart - they're great.

But News Of The World is not. 1/5 from me.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/06/2011 05:54
  • Post subject:
Xavygravy wrote:
Jackwc wrote:
Xavygravy wrote:
GARY wrote:
swedenman wrote:

Brick wall

Brick wall

GREAT I TELL YOU.

Oh, it is? Kewl.

I have 3 Queen albums on my chart - they're great.

But News Of The World is not. 1/5 from me.

O.K. Minnie, you obviously don't know Queen as much as you would like to think you do Shame on you

News Of The World has an average rating of 81 on BEA and is the 6th. ranked Queen album out of 20 they have on the all time best albums chart.

21 members have it as a favorite.

Besides the obvious radio (and sporting event) staple We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions, the rest of the album is great also.

Here are two of them.

Link

Link

Class dismissed

• Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 09/06/2011 06:01
  • Post subject:

Although some tracks could grow on me, I still don't believe it's anywhere near Queen's best.

Get Down Make Love actually is alright having listened to it again just then.. but within the context of the entire thing it was painful.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 09/06/2011 06:09
  • Post subject:
Queen II is also an exceptional (albeit relatively unknown) album. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who likes Queen's more progressive-style songs.
Xavygravy

• Posted: 09/06/2011 06:10
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Queen II is also an exceptional (albeit relatively unknown) album. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who likes Queen's more progressive-style songs.

/agree
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/06/2011 06:14
  • Post subject:
Xavygravy wrote:

Although some tracks could grow on me, I still don't believe it's anywhere near Queen's best.

Get Down Make Love actually is alright having listened to it again just then.. but within the context of the entire thing it was painful.

Xavygravy wrote:

Well, maybe before you call an album

"ABSOLUTE SHIT"

You may want to take a second to think beforehand.

Just a suggestion that's all.

• Visit poster's website