A couple small glitches

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 11/15/2013 20:56
  • Post subject: A couple small glitches
Working on a chart, I tried adding "Vilayat Khan" (an artist already submitted here), but it said it wasn't there, so I had to re-add Vilayat Khan (as I would with a new artist) to submit the album that I wanted. EDIT: It doesn't do this for all artists, just some.

On the page of my chart, on the "chart composition" section, when I click the little arrows under "decade" or "band" or "country" (etc.) it glitches to show something random instead of the real composition.

EDIT: Also, one more thing (not a glitch), but a thought about the sorting in custom charts: the default still shows the order in which the custom charts were created. While I like the sorting option, I'd still like a way to edit the default order for my own custom charts.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/15/2013 21:09
  • Post subject:
Hi, I think the composition sorting issue should be okay now & I'll check into the other issue with the duplicate artist. For some weird reason it's not appearing in the index even though there are two albums assigned to that artist. The final issue you've reported has also been highlighted by Romanelli in another thread. I'll add some kind of preference to allow people to choose a default sort order (to be set by the viewer).
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/15/2013 21:23
  • Post subject:
Yes, it's working now. And thanks for checking into the artist index thing. I look forward to being able to change my default set order on my custom charts.

BTW, I enjoy every update. Thank you for your work, AM.

• Posted: 11/16/2013 23:14
  • Post subject:
Another glitch: For my charts I try to add a blog link to make the albums easier to find. Lately when I add the url and submit the chart, part of the comment will get erased (sometimes the entire comment). After playing around with it, I found that it's not from typing a url but from entering a long word. Enter a word that's long enough and the entire comment will be erased after submission.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/17/2013 11:47
  • Post subject:
Apologies, I'll check into this. There was an issue prior to the latest update where very long words within rank comments could break the site layout, so anything over x characters now gets broken up. Sounds like a glitch with that routine, so I'll look into and fix.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/17/2013 12:39
  • Post subject:
You know every time that you open a tab, there's a small site logo on it? Well, BEA tabs don't have them now on my browsers. Also every time that I post something or vote in a poll I have to click on that information page to return to the thread, it won't proceed automatically.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/18/2013 10:24
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
You know every time that you open a tab, there's a small site logo on it? Well, BEA tabs don't have them now on my browsers. Also every time that I post something or vote in a poll I have to click on that information page to return to the thread, it won't proceed automatically.

Hi, the favicon seems to display correctly on my PC. Which browser are you using? I'll also investigate the issue with the browser not auto-redirecting after making a post.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/18/2013 15:18
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Hi, the favicon seems to display correctly on my PC. Which browser are you using? I'll also investigate the issue with the browser not auto-redirecting after making a post.

It shows now. I think it was my browser's problem. But still have the problem with auto-redirecting.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/18/2013 17:36
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
It shows now. I think it was my browser's problem. But still have the problem with auto-redirecting.

Thanks for confirming. I'm checking into the auto-redirect (along with a few other things people have reported), so please bear with me while I sort this out..

EDIT: I think this issue is now fixed.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/18/2013 23:21
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Apologies, I'll check into this. There was an issue prior to the latest update where very long words within rank comments could break the site layout, so anything over x characters now gets broken up. Sounds like a glitch with that routine, so I'll look into and fix.

Worked on comments today and had zero issues. Smile