Invisible private custom charts

View previous topic :: View next topic
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 12/01/2013 12:02
  • Post subject: Invisible private custom charts
I've counted them all: 16 is the number of custom charts that I've made private and to be perfectly honest, my custom charts section looks like a mess! Since there's no joy for anybody other than me, it would be very neat if these private custom charts with the locked symbols were invisible for others as if they were never been made in the first place. Whenever you choose to make a chart public again, an extra chart will pop up in the custom charts section for visitors.

Some smaller (bigger perhaps, but less important) suggestions in addition:

1: folders to hide multiple custom charts within (and maybe now already consider folders within folders!)
2: custom order of custom charts, availability to make your own standard order that people can go through before they organize it after 'alphabetical order', 'last updated', etc.
JMan

• Posted: 12/01/2013 16:07
  • Post subject:
You could do what I've done: add a letter to each custom chart to group them (A, B, C, D, etc.) Then click on the alphabetize function. You could put the private charts in a seperate section, although I find your idea to be a good one.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/01/2013 18:44
  • Post subject: Re: Invisible private custom charts
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
I've counted them all: 16 is the number of custom charts that I've made private and to be perfectly honest, my custom charts section looks like a mess! Since there's no joy for anybody other than me, it would be very neat if these private custom charts with the locked symbols were invisible for others as if they were never been made in the first place. Whenever you choose to make a chart public again, an extra chart will pop up in the custom charts section for visitors.

Some smaller (bigger perhaps, but less important) suggestions in addition:

1: folders to hide multiple custom charts within (and maybe now already consider folders within folders!)
2: custom order of custom charts, availability to make your own standard order that people can go through before they organize it after 'alphabetical order', 'last updated', etc.

It would be fairly to 'hide' private charts from view for anybody else, so I'll add that to the list to be done. I'm not sure about folders, it would be quite tricky to add this, and the value back probably isn't enough to justify all the work (but could be added in the future once some higher priority items have been developed). As JMan mentioned, the 'custom order' can, to some extent, be done already by renaming your charts and sorting the list by title. Something better could be added in the future to make this a bit better.
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 12/01/2013 19:54
  • Post subject: Re: Invisible private custom charts
albummaster wrote:
It would be fairly to 'hide' private charts from view for anybody else, so I'll add that to the list to be done. I'm not sure about folders, it would be quite tricky to add this, and the value back probably isn't enough to justify all the work (but could be added in the future once some higher priority items have been developed). As JMan mentioned, the 'custom order' can, to some extent, be done already by renaming your charts and sorting the list by title. Something better could be added in the future to make this a bit better.

All sounds cool. The two other suggestions were just wishful thinking, but if the one about folders could be done sometime in the distant future, I'd imagine something like the year chart folders, but again, not top priority at all. JMan's idea to a temporary solution was great, I'll use it immediately.