Radiohead's Upcoming Album: Best of 2010?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cryptozoologist

United States

• Posted: 06/13/2010 02:20
  • Post subject:
[quote="Wumbo"]You say that like anyone is going to agree with you. Pablo Honey was a great album... You might not like the genre, but that's one of the things that have made Radiohead a lasting band... They change it up.

I can only presume anyone's dislike of Pablo Honey is out of some misguided elitism against the popularity of Creep.[/quote]

Creep is passable, it's the other songs that suck.
  • Visit poster's website
mikeyskywalker

• Posted: 06/13/2010 02:35
  • Post subject:
Cryptozoologist wrote:
Wumbo wrote:
You say that like anyone is going to agree with you. Pablo Honey was a great album... You might not like the genre, but that's one of the things that have made Radiohead a lasting band... They change it up.

I can only presume anyone's dislike of Pablo Honey is out of some misguided elitism against the popularity of Creep.

Creep is passable, it's the other songs that suck.

'Blow Out' sucks? 'Creep' is beyond passable, it's a really good song.

Metal Machine Music sucks, Squeeze sucks, but this is at least an average piece of music.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 06/13/2010 02:36
  • Post subject:
Wumbo wrote:
You say that like anyone is going to agree with you. Pablo Honey was a great album... You might not like the genre, but that's one of the things that have made Radiohead a lasting band... They change it up.

I can only presume anyone's dislike of Pablo Honey is out of some misguided elitism against the popularity of Creep.

You people who think that it's impossible to dislike Radiohead are fucking hysterical. Where do you come from?

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
mikeyskywalker

• Posted: 06/13/2010 02:59
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
Wumbo wrote:

You people who think that it's impossible to dislike Radiohead are fucking hysterical. Where do you come from?

I don't believe anyone said that it's impossible (don't know where you got that from,) but it's sickening how it's become a trend to dislike Pablo Honey.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
purple

• Posted: 06/13/2010 04:22
  • Post subject:
i don't see the radiohead album as being very exciting; i disliked their last two albums when compared to the five others before them. no joke, beach house, lcd soundsystem, and (hopefully) avalanches are the best you'll likely get this year
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 06/13/2010 05:24
  • Post subject:
mikeyskywalker wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
Wumbo wrote:

I don't believe anyone said that it's impossible (don't know where you got that from,) but it's sickening how it's become a trend to dislike Pablo Honey.

Sickening, huh? I tend to reserve a word like sickening for, say, eugenics, or Japan's surgical experiments on the Chinese during WWII, but I guess not liking a Radiohead album is pretty sickening, too. Guy doesn't like an album I like? Man, makes my fuckin' guts crawl.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 06/13/2010 14:23
  • Post subject:
i tend to reserve 'sickening' for food poisoning, and leave eugenics, etc with a knowing nod of whatever. there can be no debate that pablo honey is not as matured, textured, or diverse as their later albums; it also has afew great songs and enough hooks to be readily enjoyed. back to the new album, any news of it streaming soon or being released fo' free
mikeyskywalker

• Posted: 06/13/2010 16:38
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
mikeyskywalker wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
Wumbo wrote:

Sickening, huh? I tend to reserve a word like sickening for, say, eugenics, or Japan's surgical experiments on the Chinese during WWII, but I guess not liking a Radiohead album is pretty sickening, too. Guy doesn't like an album I like? Man, makes my fuckin' guts crawl.

Would you like me to walk you through that short bit so you could maybe comprehend it better, or do you think you could grasp the concept of "sickening how it's become a trend" by me repeating it?

You need to stop reading things out of context buddy.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email