Album of the day (#539): The Colour And The Shape

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Imma just copy my comment from the album page cause I still feel the same way about this album " I give it 50/100 50 for everlong 0 for everything else."

I couldn't believe this was supposed to be Foo Fighters' best - perhaps because it was loaded with popular singles. Now I don't know why but somewhere along the way I'velistened to all 7 Foo Fighters albums :? . And I honestly think this is their worst, least interesting and just all round badly written. Which is quite a harsh insult when talking about FF.

and just cause:
One By One > There Is Nothing Left To Lose > Foo Fighters > In Your Honor > Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace > Wasting Light > The Color And The Shape


It's a'ight, hardly ear-acid by any account as everyone else seems to describe it. Post-grunge is pretty shitty on its own, a disgusting cesspool of musical abomination, but TC&TS manages to rise... somewhat out of that swamp. 0 for the entire album except Everlong? Pretty harsh.

The standout for me is Walking After You, moooostly because of it's significance in a rather special afternoon between me, my high school boyfriend and a bottle of pre-mixed Smirnoff Cosmopolitan.

And since we're here:
Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace > One By One > The Colour And The Shape > Foo Fighters > In Your Honor >> Wasting Light
_________________
A dick that's bigger than the sun.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
:shock: ๐Ÿ˜ฎ VWHWHWHAAAATTTT?!?!


I haven't made any profound statement. I said music is to be enjoyed. What exactly do you find wrong with that?
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
I haven't made any profound statement. I said music is to be enjoyed. What exactly do you find wrong with that?


Hayden believed music was to be played from an ice cream truck to attract young children.
_________________
A dick that's bigger than the sun.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
I haven't made any profound statement. I said music is to be enjoyed. What exactly do you find wrong with that?


Statements don't have to be profound to be enjoyable. I say posts are to be enjoyed. ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
He's the kind of person, you just gonna see him if you can,
Vegetable man.
  • Quote
Jackwc wrote:
Hayden believed music was to be played from an ice cream truck to attract young children.


๐Ÿ˜จ
_________________
He's the kind of person, you just gonna see him if you can,
Vegetable man.
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
I haven't made any profound statement. I said music is to be enjoyed. What exactly do you find wrong with that?


I'm confused. Didn't we create this site to objectify music and take the fun out of it?
  • Quote
never bothered to listen to a full Foo Fighters album, but "Everlong" is fun to play on Guitar Hero
  • Quote
pearljammer13 wrote:
I had a feeling you would all say it's boring, predictable, blah blah blah. To me, music doesn't have to be wildly odd and unpredictable to be great. It's ok if it's mainstream and popular. Sure, the Foo Fighters tend to stay within a certain formula, but when this album was released it was very new.



I'm completely with you on that. There is nothing wrong with making music that mainstream audiences like. A song (or album) shouldn't be considered good or bad based on mainstream popularity. It should be graded on how much you like the songs. I understand how after hearing song over and over again can make them lose the magic, but that doesn't make them bad.
_________________
RNFNR
  • Quote
This is my stat album when describing mediocrity.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
World album of the day (#539): Zeichn... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#372): The Sh... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#14): The Sha... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.