Boris

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Anyone here a fan of these guys? They're a power trio from Japan-wildly experimental, they cover every genre from doom metal to hardcore punk to ambient-as in, Brian Eno type ambient. They're one of the most interesting, forward thinking bands in music today, in my eyes.

I bring this up because they've started releasing a string of singles-I don't know about the first one and the third one, but the drummer's is really great-I'm pretty sure it has their first attempt at dance music on it. Give it a listen, if you care to: http://www.imeem.com/artists/boris/music/WIQt-Tba/boris-black-original/

And here's what they sound like when they're doing pop rock/noise rock, which is also pretty great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_GgowniQWk
  • Quote
"Statement" is great ! Thanks.
  • Quote
i do know Boris they are one of the few metal bands i like, you should check out the their albums Pink and Akuma no Uta. Pink will be showing up in my 50 favorite albums of the decade list for sure.
  • Quote
Boris is great. I would like to add Flood and Absolutego. Their collaborations with Merzbow are very good also, and for that one I would recommend Rock Dream
  • Quote
Yeah I caught their last tour when they hit Chicago, great drummer, high energy. I like their faster numbers more than their moody slow ones, but all of them share a sonic assault that destroys most of the limp wristed indie bullshit I usually see.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST play-in: Boris v Th... cestuneblague Tournaments
Boris at Last: -Feedbacker- duplicate Guest Suggestions
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 3: Boris At Last - Feedbac... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 2: Watching From a Distanc... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST Rd1: Boris v Yaw cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.