The worst ever debut album?

Goto page Previous  1234567
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Pablo Honey - Radiohead. Thank goodness for Nigel Goodrich
  • Quote
Big A2 wrote:
Wow. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to like VU&N less than Loaded.

As a debut album, The Velvet Underground & Nico is one of the most ambitious efforts ever.


Don't believe the hype.I think every album after it is superb,I never got VU&N though.That Nico chick annoys the fuck out of me too.Although I think 'Heroin' is an unbelievable tune.
  • Quote
No, I will believe the hype because it's worth it. The last two tracks are problematic but everything else is near flawless. I think Nico's ice cold voice is perfect for the songs she sings. When the band played those three songs without her in live shows, it just wasnโ€™t the same.

My favourite it the 3rd album anyway. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Quote
Big A2 wrote:
My favourite it the 3rd album anyway. 8)


Yep,it should be everyone else's too,their best by a mile.
  • Quote
Anyone saying Blue Lines is wrong.

Pablo Honey's a good shout. The GZA's first album Words From The Genius deserves a mention. Gang Starr's first album is probably their worst too. Dylan's first album contained no real indication of the genius to come, but to say it's his worst album would be unfair.
  • Quote
swedenman wrote:
That doesn't make it good. And I'm sure even a Beatles fanatic can concede that their later albums were superior to their earlier ones.

Not to mention that Twist and Shout, in addition to being annoyingly repetitive, wasn't even an original Beatles song.


You're right, it doesn't. It only saves it from being one of the most terrible albums of all time

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567
Page 7 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Worst Song You've Ever, Ever Heard Guest Music
[ Poll ] (CLOSED) BYT 2.0 - DECIDER - WORST OF... Jimmy Dread Tournaments
Worst Album You've Ever Heard All the... Guest Music
[ Poll ] Is this the greatest or worst album c... bobbyb5 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.