But consider this... maybe those "bands" you named were influenced by the Beatles..
Not every rap artist was influenced by the beatles. Rap influenced itself on a general basis, of course there are roots to it and the beatles might be one of them, but I doubt you'll hear Kanye West say that the beatles got him into rapping.
JasonconfusedIf We Make It We Can All Sit Back and LaughProfile California
Not every rap artist was influenced by the beatles. Rap influenced itself on a general basis, of course there are roots to it and the beatles might be one of them, but I doubt you'll hear Kanye West say that the beatles got him into rapping.
I know I'm just pushing the subject now. I still stand by my comment on the original topic. All of the rock bands that were influenced by the Beatles.
Somewhat off topic, but Scaruffi asked Alan Sparhawk of Low what his favorite bands were, and Scaruffi started rattling off all these other similar slowcore acts. Alan Sparhawk stopped him and told him his favorites were pretty much Velvet Underground, Joy Division, Swans, and The Beatles. I can only imagine the twitch in Scaruffi's upper lip when Sparhawk mentioned the Beatles.
Another slightly unrelated note: the favorite album of David Pajo of Slint, Tortoise, and various solo projects is Suicide's self-titled. Not lame at all; in fact, I think they are equally influential and awesome.
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
Not every rap artist was influenced by the beatles. Rap influenced itself on a general basis, of course there are roots to it and the beatles might be one of them, but I doubt you'll hear Kanye West say that the beatles got him into rapping.
Maybe a deconstructionist approach is needed here. Those groups were not not influenced by the Beatles...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum