What kind of album notes do you prefer?
|
|
|
Personal, subjective notes:
|
|
55% |
[15] |
|
Objective, formal notes:
|
|
0% |
[0] |
|
Best track(s): "the best track" (RFNAPLES-style):
|
|
11% |
[3] |
|
Empty notes (let the albums speak for themselves):
|
|
0% |
[0] |
|
Drunken album notes:
|
|
18% |
[5] |
|
RYM negative comments plagiarism:
|
|
7% |
[2] |
|
Rolling Stone reviews plagiarism:
|
|
0% |
[0] |
|
Mother Nature's Son-style:
|
|
0% |
[0] |
|
JMan-style:
|
|
3% |
[1] |
|
Notes that have nothing to do with the actual album:
|
|
3% |
[1] |
|
|
|
|
Mother Nature's Son
Profile
- #21
- Posted: 02/17/2013 11:33
|
an_outlaw is right. I have already made comments for the albums in my charts, well, some of them. So it's more a question of what style I should continue in. The personal ones seem to be the most popular which I agree with, but there's also a limit to how personal they should be, I think. A comment like "I have no idea what this is, it's not music, nor is it magic. It's something beyond magic!" could definitely evoke my interest in an album, but it doesn't say much about what kind of album/music it is. On the other hand can comments like "Sgt' Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band was a landmark in the history of pop/rock and epitomized the spirit and culture of summer of love..." also be a bit tiresome, especially if there has already been made thousands of reviews about the album. For me, it works best when it's the right balance between informative and entertaining, but of course people can make all kinds of notes they want. Even notes only for fun are way better than no notes in my opinion. It's all about maintaining the reader's interest if you ask me. _________________ "The Beatles, the greatest band known to mankind." - Bismah Mughal
|
|
|
|
|
|
Saoirse
- #22
- Posted: 02/17/2013 17:46
|
|
I love when a user's comments show how a chosen album affects them personally. To some it may seem self-indulgent, but in all honesty that seems like the whole point... the best charts portray a distinct personality IMO. However, whatever they choose to do is just fine, be it favorite tracks or when they first listened or "haters gonna hate" (he-he) or whatnot. I like your comments a lot too, MNS, especially the ambitious task of ranking the songs :).
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kiki
- #24
- Posted: 02/17/2013 18:54
|
| RFNAPLES wrote: | | Eโญand C |
I C# what you did there.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kiki
- #26
- Posted: 02/17/2013 19:04
|
But I don't see Cโญ what you did there. ๐
Best guess is temperature.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kiki
- #28
- Posted: 02/17/2013 19:13
|
| RFNAPLES wrote: | | Diminished |
Okey dokey
|
|
|
|
gtroda
- #29
- Posted: 02/17/2013 20:26
|
|
Currently I don't have notes on my charts. However, I do enjoy reading when others put notes on there. I'm working on an extensive overhaul of my chart so perhaps I will add notes at that time. Like others I have struggled with the balance of how personal to make them and how much of myself to put out there.
|
|
|
|
undefined
- #30
- Posted: 02/17/2013 20:31
|
| Puncture Repair wrote: | | Do whatever you want. It's your chart, free country y'all. |
This
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New topic Closed
|
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
|
| Page 3 of 3 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|
|
| |