When I'm 64? When you're 64? What will be remembered?

Goto page Previous  12345
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Um well the xx will age like fine wine and be considered the best band of our generation (as if they aren't already)

Oh and ill keep the metal genre (and chart pop maybe too ๐Ÿ˜ ) torch going loud and proud
  • Quote
My music collection is going to be the bomb when im 64
_________________
Alt Right meme game on point

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Quote
DLGGLD wrote:
When my grand kids(if they ever come to existence) ask me about the music from when I was young,I can assure you I won't be telling them to listen to Fleet Foxes or Bon Iver,god what a horrible impression they'd have of the greatest time in music ever.I'll be telling them to listen to Kendrick,Rocky,Burial,Danny Brown,Drake,Actress,Zomby,James Blake,FlyLo,Waka Flocka,Four Tet,Frank Ocean,Warpaint,Mount Kimbie,Joy Orbison,Antlers,The xx,How To Dress Well,etc,etc.Not some boring 'indie folk' band,that would bore the shit out of them.I'd really like to do things in the same way as Magenta has said though,I'd much prefer to listen to the stuff they're getting mashed to,not the other way around.


^ This, I wouldn't wish Indie Folk on my worst enemy. Not that it matters, everyone will know the The FF are the greatest band of this generation. ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
She's dead, wrapped in plastic.

Justice is not a frivolous thing, Simpson. It has little if anything to do with a disobedient whale.
  • Quote
420BongRitsu69 wrote:
My music collection is going to be the bomb when im 64


haha, nice
  • Quote
Well, by then The Antlers will have made many more perfect albums and be remembered as the best band ever..... Well, maybe not that, but they'll have a ton of great album by then and surely be fondly remembered. But yeah, that's my two cents, I think everything else I could have said has already been said in this thread. Just gotta give some Antlers love.
  • Quote
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
This is something I think about a lot. I am 23 now, and I love music. When my dad was 23 he loved music too. It was 1976 back when he was my age. Obviously some of his favorite records came out when he was my age and some of them are still talked about and remembered and influential to this day. I mean he was 11 when the Beatles took over the world and 20 when DSOTM dropped. He was there when Zeppelin were rolling! He saw Captain Beefheart and the Magic band in concert! And he saw Zappa in his prime!

Now, what will still be very very remembered and adored by the next generations out of what has been released this last, idk, 5-8 years? How will MBDTF age? Or "Suburbs" or any of the favorites of today that you have?

And I had this vision that someday I will be driving around with me son trying to introduce him to Radiohead in much the same way my Dad introduced me to The Beatles and Floyd and Zeppelin. I have often had heated debates with my father about what's the greatest Beatles record, or Floyd record. I just think I will be on cloud 9 if someday I'm heatedly debating about the true greatest Radiohead record with my son (or daughter).

Anyway, that's all.


I had fun reading this. Good post. Very thoughtful. I'd try to introduce my kid to Celtic Woman and Arcade Fire. The love of Irish music might pass on to him!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345
Page 5 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Michael Chapman Remembered Johnnyo Music
which 5 music artists will be remembe... paladisiac Music
Just remembered... Guest Lounge
If you were in a band, what would you... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.