I think 2013 might be the strongest year of music in the current decade thus far, vying with 2010, and we're only half-way through the year. There's plenty of good "comeback" records from the likes of My Bloody Valentine, Daft Punk, Boards of Canada, David Bowie, and The Knife. There's plenty of good debuts from groups like Savages, Rhye, and Laura Mvula. There's plenty of good dance records including Jon Hopkins, Disclosure, and Baths. There's plenty of good hip hop records from the various associates of Wu Tang, Asap Rocky, Chance the Rapper, and Kanye. There's plenty of good alternative records from Vampire Weekend, The National, Jame Blake, and Grouper. There's even good country from Miranda Lambert and Kacey Musgraves. There's plenty of good records from "underground" favorites like Lisa Germano, Low, and Mark Kozelek (namely, his collaboration with Jimmy Lavalle). There's plenty of good records I have not even mentioned (and I'm sure The Quietus and Scaruffi will dig up something good from the depths no one's ever heard of once their year-end lists come out). I think thus far my favorites are Rhye's Woman, My Bloody Valentine's m b v, and Oval's Calidostopia!. Let me reiterate that we're only half-way through this great year. Fingers crossed that The Avalanches and D'Angelo are releasing their upcoming albums this year.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum