Damn this was tough. I came in knowing nothing about Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde. I'm really impressed with this album. But Is This It is such a deep-rooted sentimental favorite. I'm no longer obsessed with the record as I was back when it was released but I'm still voting for Is This It. _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
Apparently the Is This It is loved by the peanut gallery. Voted for Souvenirs although I dont think it's my favorite Alcest album. Not my favorite Strokes album either, but it's not even that great of an album to begin with ๐
I haven't been logged into BEA for what seems like ages and thought that I may as well post something, hpoing that I could talk about about one of my favorites or something along the lines of that (I'm obsessed with Keep it like a secret btw, like one of the only albums I've had on non stop repeat for the past whatever). Anyways, originally I was gonna nominate MM's debut instead of this (mainly because I forgot about it for a little while), but realized just how much better of a choice this is.
The thing with this type of music is that the instrumentals are extremely beautiful. Like, while in most other music types, i feel lyrics and etc. weigh in greatly, this just shows a different side of the music I love where what matters most is the beauty of sound (whether it can come from harsh noises or from amazingly mind blowing and comfortable arrangements like the last track on sovenirs d'un Autre Monde. This album has impressed on so many different levels it just amazes me every listen. While I haven't listened to it in a while (I decided to give it a re-listen today actually), it's impressive and one of the best albums ever made.
Btw, hi everyone!
On a separate note, Is this it is catchy as fuck with nice songwriting added to it, really strong album for the decade.
Apparently the Is This It is loved by the peanut gallery.
As a member of the peanut gallery, i have to say that peanuts are quite a fascinating food with so many uses. _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum