BDAT Rd. 1 - Presenting the Fabulous Ron... vs. Ten (CLOSED)

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album is better?
Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica:
46%
 46%  [14]
Ten:
53%
 53%  [16]
Total Votes : 30

  • Quote
Listmeister wrote:
This has puzzled me since I started on this site. Other than albums that are clearly build around a single concepts (like Sgt Pepper or American Idiot), what is the difference between an album and a bunch of songs? Aren't most albums basically a bunch of songs that the band had recently written at any given time? How is the Ronettes' album any different from Ten in that respect? Is it just the difference in marketing styles of 1963 vs. 1991?

I'm sincerely asking the question, because you've openly stated what seems to be an undercurrent here, that albums from before, say, Pet Sounds are really just a bunch of singles, and don't really count. I've never understood that.

Please advise.

Listmeister (non puppy-hater)


I actually don't know for sure if it applies to Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes, but some early albums were collections of songs from previously released 45s, recorded during totally different studio sessions, so the songs don't tie together quite as cohesively as an album conceived during a single period of time. this does not make one thing better or worse. I'm thinking more along the lines of records that were essentially greatest hits albums from singles artists.

The fact remains that Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes is a peak moment for girl groups.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
You hate "The Wall" and "Bat Out of Hell." I don't think much of your judgement.


๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
After listening to the eight albums in this round, either of these two would have beaten any of the other six if they had been paired up differently. Luck of the draw.
  • Quote
I know something hilarious is gonna come up in the next few posts whenever I see one of JMan's posts has been recently edited.

I went with The Ronettes. It's enjoyable, while Ten is just boring by now.
  • Quote
Mmm ... I don't even know here how to put it. The Ronettes are perfectly alright. I very much enjoy Vedder's solo work. Pearl Jam ... just not so much. Yes, I have listened to this album, yes, it contains my favorite materials of theirs, and even then, this goes to The Ronettes.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
But I'd also vote for Ronettes over Nirvana
  • Quote
The Ronettes are slightly less fabulous than Pearl Jam, I guess.

16-14
  • Quote
Crap. So close.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 3 - Exuma vs. Ten (CLOSED) nutso42 Tournaments
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 2 - Ten vs. Closing Time (CL... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] Your Favorite Album from the Top Ten ... Guest Music
One Theme. Ten Albums. II Tournaments
Ten Worst Albums of All Time OKC1 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.