What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 326832693270 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
You do know that this is pretty much a compilation? All but one track were previously released, and some of the songs here had already been hits for 4 years.


Most rock and roll LPs from that period were basically compilations of singles and popular covers, so it's probably as close as he'll get to an early Chuck Berry album.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:

Lean On Me The Adventures Of Joe Clark by Killa Kyleon

One of the best hip-hop releases of the year. Why was I sleeping on this?


salute. One of my fav killa klyeon tapes I reckon

right now im digesting



various artists - Improvised music from Japan 2004

great room cleaning tunes
_________________
Alt Right meme game on point

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I include compilations if said compilation is MOSTLY made of sibgles that were not previously on albums. I have also done this with Elvis' Golden Records a couple days ago.

Also, Wikipedia listed On Top as a studio album.


Tor Spacetiger, I needed to reiterate.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Tor Spacetiger, I needed to reiterate.


I'm agreeing with you, I consider it an album too. In fact, I don't have a problem with people including compilations on their charts. I think Romanelli's point is that Chuck Berry didn't necessarily intend it as a "complete" listening experience, and that's true. But if you like it, that's all that matters.
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
I'm agreeing with you, I consider it an album too. In fact, I don't have a problem with people including compilations on their charts. I think Romanelli's point is that Chuck Berry didn't necessarily intend it as a "complete" listening experience, and that's true. But if you like it, that's all that matters.


Honestly, I hav no idea how to rate 50's tracks because they are way too similar.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I include compilations if said compilation is MOSTLY made of sibgles that were not previously on albums. I have also done this with Elvis' Golden Records a couple days ago.

Also, Wikipedia listed On Top as a studio album.


There is no rule against compilations. You can have as many of them on your charts as you want. I just wanted to make sure you were aware given the nature of your review (scoring low for diversity).

Wikipedia is helpful, but it's not a perfect guide. They list it as a studio album, but they also note that only one song was new, and it's easy to see from there that much of the album was recorded as singles over a four year period.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Treasure by Cocteau Twins

First listen. Diggin' it.

Oh, and once this is done, I'll finally be caught up on the AotDs I've missed lately ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote

New by Paul McCartney
_________________
.
  • Quote

People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World by Andrew Jackson Jihad
  • Quote
Sweet. McCartney.

I found the missing link! Explanation: back when my chart was at 200 albums, I had a feeling one was missing and dissapeared in confusion. This happened again when I was at 270. I figured out one of the albums last week, "Highway 61." The missing link is this:


Link


Second listen.

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 326832693270 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3269 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.