2013 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 105106, 107108109  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I'm listening to "The Next Day" by David Bowie for the second time. I didn't finish it the first time. It's also my sixth David Bowie album, and my 20th album of the year, meaning I have heard more albums of this year than any other year. Sadly, my 2013 chart is mostly made up of Bandcamp albums and albums by old bands past their prime.

If anyone wants to rate my 2013 chart, please do!
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Just listened to Blue Chips 2, and I wasn't disappointed by any means, Bronson's lyrics are still top notch, but the productions seemed really cheap on a few tracks for some reason.. I'll give it another listen soon though. Trying out the new Sky Ferreira right now.


And I'll send you the link :)


Thank you very much kind sir. I think the reason the production sounds so cheap is because the project is supposed to have a spontaneous vibe and thus some samples are lifted directly from YouTube, as they were on the first Blue Chips tape. To be honest, that's part of the reason I loved Blue Chips (one) so much, and I'm glad they carried over that vibe to the second tape, though I can see why it wouldn't be to some people's taste. I also think the rushed, lo-fi, cheap sounding vibe suits Bronson more. I prefer his work with Party Supplies and Tommy Maas to his stuff with more accomplished producers like The Alchemist, Statik Selektah and Harry Fraud. And he appears to save his best rhymes for these tapes. Anyway, two listens down and I love it.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
It's a free download, available here. Enjoy.


Cheers!
  • Quote


King Khan & The Shrines - Idle No More

Anyone tried this out yet? Good stuff. Very different from his usual stuff, a lot less wild and funky. He took a more serious approach.
  • Quote

Link


7 Days of Funk. It's coming yo.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:

Link


7 Days of Funk. It's coming yo.


Great track!
  • Quote
hayden just mentioned he thought that duck sauce song is the funnest of the year, but i think its this


Link


Whats your funnest song of the year BEA? I'm looking to party!
_________________
Alt Right meme game on point

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Quote
Did anyone else know about the new Matana Roberts album last month? ๐Ÿค” I completely missed it.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Did anyone else know about the new Matana Roberts album last month? ๐Ÿค” I completely missed it.


Yep. Amazing release. Such a shame it couldn't get BNM.

But THIS is the best album of the year.


Kill Urself Nigga by Viper

It is his best album yet. The beats are so slick, and his rhymes are even better.
  • Quote
Pretty awesome.

Link

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 105106, 107108109  Next
Page 106 of 109


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
What 2013 Song Best Sums Up Your 2013? benpaco Music
Highly anticipated 2013 albums ptaylor1989 Music
2013 pitchfork best new music albums paladisiac Music
Best 2013 Solo Albums builder's game Guest Tournaments
The Most Anticipated albums of 2013 cartoken Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.