way less abrasive than i anticipated. undoubtedly a-grade industrial with all the elements that comprise that, but a lot less martial/metallic than some of the stuff i've been listening to from the genre.
Cymro2011The Beatles were objectively averageProfile In a deep, dark bubblegum graveyard
Tantilla by House Of Freaks
"Folk and pop melodies drive this magnificent album from start to finish. The chorus to "Sun Gone Down" holds up against any great hook, from Nick Lowe to Tommy James. Tantilla is pure Southern Gothic, as subjects from religion to the Civil War are addressed and set to a roots music beat that is handy, tight pop/rock at the core. After so many years, this record has worn quite well." _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
Initially leaked on the internet as a My Bloody Valentine record, I picked this up and seem to be the only person to stand by this record. It's Loveless emulation as best as it could be; thick layers, lush textures, a distinct but familiar wall of sound.... it's fantastic. If you like MBV and ignore FJ then you are doing yourself a disservice.
ButterThumbzI always used to wonder if she wore false earsProfile O'er the hills and far away
Seeing these guys tonight... I don't usually like to saturate things this way -- when I'm seeing a band, I tend to avoid their music for a little while beforehand so that it'll be totally fresh when I'm there, but whatever. I'm pumped.
NickVolosSegnahc Reve4Profile Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum