I've been playing at chess.com for the last week or so. Despite the fact I haven't played chess in a while I got awesome win percentage in the last few days, must've been close to 90% at one point, and with my rating as high as 2170 (which is pretty fucking high).
Yesterday I played two games with purple. The sheer stupidity of his moves made my playing level drop so hard that I still haven't recovered. I just won my first game after losing six in a row.
Never again, purple, never again.
I work for a company that runs chess clubs in schools around Atlanta. Unfortunately we only really work with elementary and younger, with maybe one or two middle schools. One of the schools I coach at is our best; this year they had a team get 3rd in states and another get 12th in nationals.
Sorry I never replied to this. It's really interesting to me, actually. I don't think we have such a thing as "companies" that would run chess clubs in schools (only one sorta chess "company" I guess, but I'm not sure that's even what they do). If I were to be an instructor in a school chess club, I'd have to be connected to the school via the club I'm in.
But I'm not sure how good I'd be with kids, especially if they wouldn't take it (/me) seriously... Do you enjoy doing it?
Sorry I never replied to this. It's really interesting to me, actually. I don't think we have such a thing as "companies" that would run chess clubs in schools (only one sorta chess "company" I guess, but I'm not sure that's even what they do). If I were to be an instructor in a school chess club, I'd have to be connected to the school via the club I'm in.
But I'm not sure how good I'd be with kids, especially if they wouldn't take it (/me) seriously... Do you enjoy doing it?
It's a decent job. There are a whole bunch of pros and cons to working with kids. It's more coaching than teaching. _________________ kill yr idols
So, the way things look now, it seems that Magnus Carlsen will beat Viswanathan Anand and become the new world chess champion. Which, considering how far ahead of everybody he is in the rankings, seems the only fair. I know that nobody's following the match, it just seemed like a good opportunity to bump the thread.
Also, in other chess related news, the European team championships ended today with victories of Azerbaijan (men) and Ukraine. Our team was missing some of the main players (esp the imported Ukrainans) to make a really good result, but there were some highlights, e.g. Leniฤ being a total badass and beating world #6 Caruana.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum