What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 372337243725 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Almanac by Widowspeak

Second listen. It's cool. The singer's voice is embarrassingly close to Hope Sandoval's though. Overall it sounds like a pop-rocky Mazzy Star. I don't think it's as good, but it's miles from bad and it's definitely above average. I think it just really suffers from the comparison with the aforementioned band ๐Ÿ˜• Thanks Dingerbell, anyway!
  • Quote

Loud City Song by Julia Holter
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:

Almanac by Widowspeak

Second listen. It's cool. The singer's voice is embarrassingly close to Hope Sandoval's though. Overall it sounds like a pop-rocky Mazzy Star. I don't think it's as good, but it's miles from bad and it's definitely above average. I think it just really suffers from the comparison with the aforementioned band ๐Ÿ˜• Thanks Dingerbell, anyway!


LOL, that voice is the appeal to me. I love Hope Sandoval's voice, but I've never liked Mazzy Star that much; I don't know why though. I need to re-listen to them again. And, anyway, I think I prefer Widowspeak's vocals. I just think they're slightly stronger, to be honest.
  • Quote
โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขย My Listening Log โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข

New Listens I've Enjoyed Today:


Public Loops Volume 1 by Gordon Ashworth


Nightingales & Canaries by Various Artists


้ณฅใŒๆญŒใ† by kyooo


Horsky Park by Tiziana Bertoncini & Thomas Lehn


The Inheritors by James Holden


Corps Exquis by Daniel Wohl


Eschatological Scatology by Gnaw Their Tongues


Cold Mission by Logos


Chippeha! The Essential Dixie Cowboy 1947 1957 by Jenks Tex Carman


Peruvian Harp & Mandolin by The Blind Street Musicians Of Cusco
  • Quote

Crystal Castles (2010) by Crystal Castles
  • Quote

Stankonia by OutKast
  • Quote

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
  • Quote

Confield by Autechre


Like drowning in a sea of swag
  • Quote

Kill The Moonlight by Spoon
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 372337243725 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3724 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.