Ask & Receive: All about our music.

Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 717273  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
drakonium, how do you think the music of 2013 compared to the music of 2012?

I think I prefer 2013, but 2012 wasn't bad either. To be honest, I haven't exactly listened to a lot from these years. There's no year I've listened to a lot from, actually. I mostly don't care about the year of release when listening to music, they don't mean a lot to me. I don't know, I don't want to be specialized in particular years. I'll just listen to whatever comes at me.
  • Quote
Sure, I'm in.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
I'll play, too.

๐Ÿ˜จ
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
@Romanelli do you think that the song "Hurt" Is more depressive in the Nine Inch Nails version or on the Johnny Cash Version?
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
@Romanelli do you think that the song "Hurt" Is more depressive in the Nine Inch Nails version or on the Johnny Cash Version?



Wow...I just spent an hour rehearsing that song for a show I have tomorrow.

I'm going to go with the Cash version on this. I think the acoustic guitar and piano arrangement is more personal, but it's Cash's voice that makes it really his song. It's like he's almost sitting behind you with his breath in your ear singing it...almost saying the words...directly into you. Reznor sounds almost dreamy. Cash sounds wise and hardened and makes it more believeable that he's lived it, is living it now, and sees it in you.

So...Cash.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
I'm in too.

@Antonio-Pedro Who is your favorite guitarist and why?

Romanelli wrote:
Wow...I just spent an hour rehearsing that song for a show I have tomorrow.

I'm going to go with the Cash version on this. I think the acoustic guitar and piano arrangement is more personal, but it's Cash's voice that makes it really his song. It's like he's almost sitting behind you with his breath in your ear singing it...almost saying the words...directly into you. Reznor sounds almost dreamy. Cash sounds wise and hardened and makes it more believeable that he's lived it, is living it now, and sees it in you.

So...Cash.


Totally agree, I love the Cash version.
  • Quote
This looks like fun. I'd like to participate. ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
  • Quote
My favorite guitarrist of all time is Pete Townshed
When i was thinking that the band were just the singer he showed me that the guitarrists can do amazing things too
i got hipnotized when i saw his powerfull riffs and his desloumbrous solos
and he was my inspiration to start to play guitar
when i saw his tricks i got like wow this guy is a fucking amazing guitarist
that is why Pete Townshed is my favorite Guitarist

BTW @Patman360 What is your favorite Album Artwork?
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
BTW @Patman360 What is your favorite Album Artwork?

Ooh, tough enough one actually, I generally don't pay overly much attention to artwork, but sometimes something bright with a lot of colours and 'cartoony' appeals to me, occasionally I'll try an album via bandcamp if I see artwork like that I guess.

Some examples of stuff I really like include:

Czarface by Inspectah Deck & 7L & Esoteric


Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches by Happy Mondays


Whysowhite by Whysowhite
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Okay I direct my question at...Defago! :D



New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 717273  Next
Page 4 of 73


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
drakonium, I have something to ask yo... Guest Lounge
Can I ask a question? Guest Music
If it's not too much to ask... JohnnyRocketFingers Suggestions
Our Country Music Chat JOSweetHeart Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.