The Hip-Hop Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 343536 ... 383940  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Not exactly new, but def a banger, and according to ratings and charts and stuff, only Dividesbyzero (<3) and I have heard it and are into it. XD
Anyways, I'm having trouble figuring out which song to post. XD
I'll post these two:


Link

Especially dig the lyrics in this one.

Link

The Vangelis sample in the background is perfect.



lethalnezzle wrote:

Link

"I do it with distinctive flair."


Everytime I go on this thread I listen to this song and it always gets stuck in my head. XD
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Not exactly new, but def a banger, and according to ratings and charts and stuff, only Dividesbyzero (<3) and I have heard it and are into it. XD
Anyways, I'm having trouble figuring out which song to post. XD
I'll post these two:


Link

Especially dig the lyrics in this one.

Link

The Vangelis sample in the background is perfect.


๐Ÿ˜
Have I mentioned you are one of my favorite users?
(also, gotta throw in this beauty)

Link
  • Quote

Link


๐Ÿ˜ข
  • Quote
I'm actually pretty new to the genre here. Trying to get deeper into it. My favorites I've heard so far are


Infinity by Chance Waters
Sorta sub-hip-hop, but I like it


Roaring 20s by Rizzle Kicks
A little poppy, but some gems


Madvillainy by Madvillain
REALLY liked this one.


RawHyde by Jeremiah Jae & Oliver The 2nd
Thank you Keith, this was a GREAT rec.


The Childish Gambino Mashup EP by 8Corpoartion
Also Gambino's mixtapes.

Anyways, looking to delve deeper into this genre. Any recs based on all that?
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Anyways, looking to delve deeper into this genre. Any recs based on all that?



The Unseen by Quasimoto


Rap Album One by Jonwayne


Mm Food by M.F. Doom


Bred A Dedication by Zeroh
  • Quote
GeevyDallas wrote:

The Unseen by Quasimoto


Rap Album One by Jonwayne


Mm Food by M.F. Doom


Bred A Dedication by Zeroh


Not a fan of Quasimoto outside of Bluffin, most of its a little whiney for me. Will listen to the rest soon, though.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I have resurrected this thread for the sole purpose of asking what the fuck is this shit?
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
I have resurrected this thread for the sole purpose of asking what the fuck is this shit?


Wu-Tang is no longer for the children

also music as art, or music as commodity, RZA? music might be the only art on the planet at this point given its accessibility (not perfect, but wider than any other artform)
  • Quote
Sounds more like a cash grab with me under the guise of some big artistic statement. Music is both art and commodity and the fact that the commodity aspect of it is taking a hit doesnt mean plenty of people dont appreciate the art aspect.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/kramerfan86
  • Quote

Link


Kevin Gates is damn good at this rapping stuff.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 343536 ... 383940  Next
Page 35 of 40


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
The Hip-Hop Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Hip Hop Appreciation Thread Chemical Smile Music
Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016 Lachapelle Music
I need a hip-hop album that'll totall... tonagamu Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.