What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 396839693970 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Mickey Mouse Operation by Little People


A Grand Love Story by Kid Loco

The trip-hop continues with some more melodic beats.
  • Quote

Post Tropical by James Vincent McMorrow
_________________
MrFrogger wrote:
Camsch - Has by far the worst sig on BEA.
  • Quote

Nothing Was The Same by Drake
  • Quote

Chairs Missing by Wire

Still trying to decide if I love this or not. It's definitely better than Pink Flag

EDIT: Meh, this is really aggravating for me. I pretty much love everything up through "I Am the Fly" and then the last 4 tracks just don't do much of anything for me. I mean, I don't dislike them, I'm just not sure I get them. I'll probably give it another go soon since I love the first half so much.
  • Quote

Goo by Sonic Youth
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote

Blitzkrieg by Wallenstein

"One of Germany's longer lasting bands had first started as Blitzkrieg (until they found out a British band used the name as well) and changed their name to Wallenstein and kept their former name for the album, gracing it with a war-themed gatefold cover. Produced by the unavoidable Dieter Dierks and released on the ultra collectible Pilz label in early 72, this debut album is stunning effort that transformed the 200 MPH speed notion into music. Keyboardist Jurgen Dollasse's very international group comprised of a Dutch bassist Berkers, an American guitarist Barone and fellow German drummer Grosskopf (big head), but clearly jurgen is the star of the show with his battery of keys, mainly piano, but harpsichord and mellotron, but surprisingly no organ.

A stunning debut symphonic prog album, one of Germany's very best, Blitzkrieg is a must-belong in every proghead's collection, for fear that it wouldn't be worth a penny without it. What a corker this album is!!
" (progarchives)
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Beyoncรฉ - Dangerously in Love
  • Quote

Deathconsciousness by Have A Nice Life (second listen)

It's a dark rainy day in my hometown of Nottingham, 70 years on. I lay on my bed, thinking about the events of the day and what's going on, and a strange feeling comes over me. Suddenly there's a black hole in my mind and I descend into a completely dark, isolated world with nothing but my own mind. I don't need nutrition, I don't need oxygen, and I don't need sleep. However, I do want company. But, I'm stuck in here for eternity, and after what seems to be infinity, I start to enjoy it here and find beauty in myself. My one wish is that I could go back to Earth to experience everything I can.
  • Quote

Beyonce by Beyonce

Seeing what all the hype is about.
  • Quote

A Meditation Mass by Yatha Sidhra

"Yatha Sidhra's only record, the aptly titled A Meditation Mass, is a strange mystical experience stretched over four parts that segue almost seamlessly into one another... Though the record was released in the early '70s, it has that late-'60s acid-haze, hippie ambience without coming off clichรฉd or dated. It starts off with watery noises and a wind hum, until eventually a flanged acoustic guitar riff gently floats into the mix, very dreamy and hypnotic over the whir of electronics. The piece slowly ebbs and flows as other instruments are pulled into the strange cosmic drift of sounds: washes of cymbals, vaguely ethnic percussions, a flute, vibes, and other sounds, even some group chanting with electronically treated voices, while the guitar weaves steadily to keep it together as it slowly builds up. On the second and third part the band veers into far more free-form improvisation, from jazzy sections with an upbeat swing to electric guitar over a trance-like rhythm to a bizarre drum and flute duel to intense freakouts before once again becoming calm and relaxed. Part four winds the album up where it began, with the acoustic guitar riff and tribal percussion and spacy electronics and flute building up to more chanting -- there is no beginning or end. One might compare Yatha Sidhra with other Krautrock bands like Ash Ra Tempel, Popul Vuh, or Limbus 3, but Yatha Sidhra's striking originality is like nothing else." (allmusic)
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 396839693970 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3969 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.