Albums to Fall Asleep To

Goto page Previous  1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
Same with me. I've tried sleeping to this album, but I find the music just too good to fall asleep.


Yeah though listening to the album in the dark is nice. Ultima Thulee is good music too, it is just kind of swirling and hypnotic so it doesn't prevent you from falling asleep. Try it if you haven't. ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Quote

Nepenthe by Julianna Barwick
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
SquishypuffDave wrote:
Right-click the playlist, then click "Copy HTTP Link".


Well that's a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks Dave, if I need it going forwards I'll definitely use it!
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Another question relating to this, is there any way I can put my iPod/Phone into sleep mode while watching YouTube? I don't have Spotify Premium, so I can't listen to full albums there.
  • Quote
Lately I've been using Bass Communion to fall asleep:


Link


Link


For me it's that happy medium where I can either stay awake and listen to all the little changes or just have it as a soothing backdrop. Ambient music is generally good for falling asleep to. I sometimes also use Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Volume II, although that one gets pretty creepy.
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Ultima Thulee is good music too, it is just kind of swirling and hypnotic so it doesn't prevent you from falling asleep.


Wow even i dont go to sleep to Ultima Thulee haha.

Anyway here are some good ones that I fall asleep to


Die Festung by Paysage d'Hiver

dont worry its not black metal. Its a nice wintery ambient. Probably the album ive slept to the most. Its also not that long either.


Save Your Heart by Lights & Motion

some really nice cinematic post rock ambient thing going on. took a nap to it earlier today. made me feel happy haha


Tryshasla by Secede

IDM/ambient. Wonderful stuff. It all feels like a big dream anyways, you may not even know when being awake ends and being asleep begins.

if you want something with lyrics this one is great:


The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution

the male/female vocals soothe me like nothing else.. plus the whole album is about sleeping and dreaming so thats cool too.

also i second the Nepenthe rec. I like sleeping to that one too.
  • Quote
Necharsian wrote:
Wow even i dont go to sleep to Ultima Thulee haha.


I've only done it once, and it was on a car ride...It worked though, weirdly. XD There are points in the album where the fuzziness of the guitar becomes so ubiquitous the guitar seems to disappear and it is just punctuated by those weird Blut Aus Nord grunt scream growl things.
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
Another question relating to this, is there any way I can put my iPod/Phone into sleep mode while watching YouTube? I don't have Spotify Premium, so I can't listen to full albums there.


If you make a playlist on Spotify you can listen to it on shuffle for free, I know. That's how I do it anyways, I found that the same pattern in the music every night was giving me too eerily similar dreams ...
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
If you make a playlist on Spotify you can listen to it on shuffle for free, I know. That's how I do it anyways, I found that the same pattern in the music every night was giving me too eerily similar dreams ...

I can't listen to playlists. I have to listen to albums. There seems to be no solution. ๐Ÿค”
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
I can't listen to playlists. I have to listen to albums. There seems to be no solution. :-k


Hey, everyone's different! I've got a friend who, to her knowledge, has never listened to an album in order except when I once forced her to. Do what works for you, and I'm sure there's gotta be something that will work ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234  Next
Page 2 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BBAT: Geogaddi VS Asleep In The Back ... alelsupreme Tournaments
[ Poll ] Remain In Light Vs Asleep In The Back... alelsupreme Tournaments
Seasonal Music: Essential Fall Albums rogue Music
What age did you first fall in love w... PatrickD Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: The Fall def. Vio... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.