You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
K now that the rules are clearer (thanks Brandon!), dividesbyzero, I give you


Half Mute by Tuxedomoon

Totally 50/50 on if you'll like it or not but I think you will. I hope.

Well I love the cover, so that's a start. Alright downloading now. Review pending ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Dingerbell wrote:
Now, for benpaco or drakonium (not sure who this is directed to) I give you this:


Guitar Romantic by The Exploding Hearts

This one has been on my to-listen-to list for quite some time (though I've not heard it yet), so if you want to give me something else instead, go ahead, as you can be sure I'll listen to this sooner or later anyway ^^ I'm perfectly OK with it though, as having a particular reason to listen to something is about as good as drowning in recs. Well whatever you decide, thanks, I'll write a few words about it after one or two spins! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:

Yourself can have this:

Silence & Wisdom by Deux Filles


This was some decent twinkly instrumental music, Obvious emphasis on atmosphere. At first it just seemed like some lazy attempt to make "dreamy" music; random twinkly sounds while reverb and delay covering up not terribly creative guitar wandering. However it really does eventually capture a neat half awake, otherworldly ambience. The keyboards/piano/synth bits are often really nice (especially fleurs doll), and the mood is almost...decadent? Indulgent/decadent nostalgia for some non-existent dream world. The tracks can feel a bit like unfinished sketches, but mostly a good way. 7/10 or something around there.

whoever's next (benpaco?) gets:


Streetcleaner by Godflesh
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
Here's for you an_outlaw! ๐Ÿ˜ I've been trying to promote it recently and it's actually not that obscure anyway, so tell me if you already know it. It's hardcore punk, I guess.


Kill From The Heart by The Dicks


This is pretty cool
  • Quote
If you haven't heard it, I'll throw this your way, yourself


Whiskey For The Holy Ghost by Mark Lanegan
  • Quote
I will listen to that again


anways check out some Texas blues-country



Blues In My Bottle by Lightnin' Hopkins
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
ah I'm so glad this thread got resurrected. I think I got like 90% of my recs from here my first few weeks on BEA

Anyway, Brandon, I assign you with

Ha by Doseone
(pm me if you have trouble finding it)


Lots of really nice sounds but the sounds didn't feel strung together right. It all felt sort of far away, like it was all playing in another room that I wasn't in, but it is still lovely sounds. As for the lyrics...*shrugs* I dunno. If this was instrumental I could get into the barely strung together lovely sounds but his voice is kind of...I don't know why it is there. I don't know how I feel about the record.
Oh god now he's really rapping and my ears are peeling themselves like an orange. He wasn't that bad in Cold House by Hood but here it is the worst.
Okay I really dislike this, you suck DBZ ๐Ÿคฃ Do I have to listen to all of it? I suppose that is part of the rules. Ooh, I could lie and say I listened to all of it. Yeah, I'll do that. I listened to all of it.

...

Huh, doesn't work that way, does it? XD I'm over halfway through, I suppose I'll listen to the rest. ๐Ÿ˜œ
There are pretty moments sometimes I just don't get why the guy ever moves his mouth. I felt the same way regarding Clouddead (well I actually felt like, "I could be listening to Boards of Canada")
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Lots of really nice sounds but the sounds didn't feel strung together right. It all felt sort of far away, like it was all playing in another room that I wasn't in, but it is still lovely sounds. As for the lyrics...*shrugs* I dunno. If this was instrumental I could get into the barely strung together lovely sounds but his voice is kind of...I don't know why it is there. I don't know how I feel about the record.
Oh god now he's really rapping and my ears are peeling themselves like an orange. He wasn't that bad in Cold House by Hood but here it is the worst.
Okay I really dislike this, you suck DBZ ๐Ÿคฃ Do I have to listen to all of it? I suppose that is part of the rules. Ooh, I could lie and say I listened to all of it. Yeah, I'll do that. I listened to all of it.

...

Huh, doesn't work that way, does it? XD I'm over halfway through, I suppose I'll listen to the rest. ๐Ÿ˜œ
There are pretty moments sometimes I just don't get why the guy ever moves his mouth. I felt the same way regarding Clouddead (well I actually felt like, "I could be listening to Boards of Canada")

aw damn. alright no more Anticon recs ๐Ÿ˜œ
I'll make up for this failure
  • Quote
divide boy can have this one

Stealing Sheep - Into The Diamond Sun



Someone give me something before the night is us. I liked the one draky gave me.
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
divide boy can have this one

Stealing Sheep - Into The Diamond Sun


actually I do believe that goes to Saoirse

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 197198199  Next
Page 32 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.