You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
K now that the rules are clearer (thanks Brandon!), dividesbyzero, I give you


Half Mute by Tuxedomoon

Totally 50/50 on if you'll like it or not but I think you will. I hope.

I fucking loved this. The synthesis between post-punk/new wave instrumentation and brass was flawless, as was the implementation of strings later on. The atmospheric drone tracks were haunting but also strangely inviting, and really exemplified the variety of the album. So many different sounds working together in ways that logic suggests they shouldn't but they somehow do anyway. Thank you benpaco I'm going to be listening to this one a lot in the future.

Alright, outlaw... hmm
I deem that you listen to:

Uprostred Slov In The Middle Of Words by Uz Jsme Doma
  • Quote
Yo dbz you get

Bile Inferno by Iva Bittova & Vladimir Vaclavek
๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Yo dbz you get

Bile Inferno by Iva Bittova & Vladimir Vaclavek
:D

looks intriguing... this had better not be some kind of revenge pick ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
looks intriguing... this had better not be some kind of revenge pick :P


Noo. I like this album, you might like it, I'm not sure. ๐Ÿ˜œ I'm not gonna tell you what sort of music it is because spoilers.
  • Quote
SuedeSwede wrote:
I'll get round to that tomorrow but you shall have


Pink by Boris


That was actually really impressive. Really thick, heavy album, some fantastic guitar work, I really liked it, good stuff.


For Brandon, you get this:



"Ten Feet Deep" - Ten Feet Deep

If you have trouble finding it, let me know
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
yourself wrote:
whoever's next (benpaco?) gets:


Streetcleaner by Godflesh


I'm gonna be totally honest and say I was pretty excited because I thought this was "Christian Death". The band name's words are synonym-y enough that I got excited cuz I'd only heard 1 song of Christian Death's and forgotten about them and hadn't gotten around to listening to anything else.

As a result, turning on "Like Rats" was really exciting for 20 seconds and then really confusing for the rest of it. By the end of the song I realized what I'd done and wasn't really looking forward to the rest. The first 5 tracks weren't that good, and I wasn't looking forward to finishing it. "Devastator/Mighty Thrust Krusher" was good for the first half, a weird post-punk meets metal thing, but then went back to the rest of the album. I was really not looking forward to the fact I was only half way through, but that's right about where things picked up.

"Streetcleaner" through "Dead Head" were actually quite nice listens. I really enjoyed "Tiny Tears" and "Dead Head" specifically, though that whole run was quite good. It ended on a weak note for me, but overall I'd give this about a 75/100, much higher than I was expecting. While this wasn't exactly tailored to my tastes (this is fairly out of Pacore), I actually did enjoy it.

dividesbyzero wrote:
I fucking loved this. The synthesis between post-punk/new wave instrumentation and brass was flawless, as was the implementation of strings later on. The atmospheric drone tracks were haunting but also strangely inviting, and really exemplified the variety of the album. So many different sounds working together in ways that logic suggests they shouldn't but they somehow do anyway. Thank you benpaco I'm going to be listening to this one a lot in the future.


Really glad you enjoyed it, its definitely not an album for everyone but there is something so hauntingly ... kind to it, if that makes sense. Sort of the witch from Hansel and Gretl - creepy and you know something's gonna go wrong, but you still go through and it's kinda sweet. If that makes any sense at all. Yeah, I took up the sax because of that album way back in 4th grade, frankly. I love it and I'm glad someone else does too. And so far ahead of its time!

Anyways, Rocky, this is gonna seem a Pretty Odd choice if you've not yet heard it, but here you go:


Pretty Odd by Panic! At The Disco

I promise it's almost definitely not what you're expecting and it gets a lot better after track one. If you've heard it already, I can find something else for you. I don't expect you to love this quite the way dbz enjoyed my last submission here, but I hope you at the very least like it.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:

Anyways, Rocky, this is gonna seem a Pretty Odd choice if you've not yet heard it, but here you go:


Pretty Odd by Panic! At The Disco

I promise it's almost definitely not what you're expecting and it gets a lot better after track one. If you've heard it already, I can find something else for you. I don't expect you to love this quite the way dbz enjoyed my last submission here, but I hope you at the very least like it.


Haha ah man, that's actually pretty funny. No, I've never heard the album. Panic has been one of those bands for a very long time that I've refused to give a chance for whatever reason. But I'll definitely listen to this.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Haha ah man, that's actually pretty funny. No, I've never heard the album. Panic has been one of those bands for a very long time that I've refused to give a chance for whatever reason. But I'll definitely listen to this.


They're a weird band. 2 totally lackluster albums, 2 albums that (I think ... at least should be) are on my chart. The times they went "Oh look we're emo" or even just "we're pop punk" isn't good, when they just play around, it's interesting. This gets a lot of Sgt Pepper's but less good comparissons ... see what you think.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
They're a weird band. 2 totally lackluster albums, 2 albums that (I think ... at least should be) are on my chart. The times they went "Oh look we're emo" or even just "we're pop punk" isn't good, when they just play around, it's interesting. This gets a lot of Sgt Pepper's but less good comparissons ... see what you think.


You can call A Fever You Can't Sweat Out many things, namely obnoxious and too teenage-boy-ish, but lackluster isn't one of them. ๐Ÿ˜œ Well, you can call it lackluster, my point is that I disagree. XD

Edit: our Panic! At the Disco discussion will never end.
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
For Brandon, you get this:



"Ten Feet Deep" - Ten Feet Deep

If you have trouble finding it, let me know


K, so far it is cool enough. Everyone save Hayden are really good at recommending music I'd never listen to if not for this game. ๐Ÿคฃ Don't mind it though, maybe I'll get some surprises. Lots of people here seemingly really like catchy (well I think they want to be catchy though they're not XD) little rock songs. Is this the fabled generic indie rock Necharsian hates so much? XD It is just kinda there. This reminds me of stuff like Fall out Boy, or like, Ed Sheeran (only ever heard that one song on the radio so mostly I'm just thinking of that song), but with a bit less personality. I think music like this is impossible to dislike but it is also very difficult to love. Gosh, I think they're trying to sound like they're having fun but it sounds so forced. XD Maybe I'm figuring out how to dislike it. This music just isn't catchy enough for what it is. I don't know how this band goes through the whole process of recording music without breaking down thinking, "There are hundreds of other bands just like us and we're not doing or saying anything that makes us unique" (don't ask me to name bands, I don't listen to music like this, I can't think of any, I'm sure there are though) XD)
I now understand why generic is such a common thing to describe music as. XD
"Hands down I'm the best around?" ๐Ÿ˜• It pays to ignore lyrics, I hope he is joking, or like, being...what's the word? XD
"don't miss out on me" YEAH I'M NOT GOING TO, THANKS TO ROCKYRACCOON YOU BUGGER (I kid)

What why does this sound like a Horse With No Name is about to start? Someone Else is really disappointing, I thought Horse with No Name was about to start and I got excited. I like that song. Nothing else by America is worthwhile though my dad would try to convince you otherwise. But A Horse with No Name is really a nice song. That's the sort of stuff that I grew up with. When I was little my favourite song was Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, Jason would be proud.

(I'm going off on a tangent because this fucking album, man, it is ear pollution...oh my god Take Me Back is such a bad song it makes me want to, like...turn the album off. Not gonna though, this is what the word perseverance was invented for)

This thread is starting to become me getting out any negativity I may have. ๐Ÿคฃ

Also sorry Rocky, I know it doesn't feel good to see albums you like getting trashed but I just do not enjoy it....or see any redeeming factor in it XD I'd be interested in knowing what you like about it.

I need to start ranking the albums so far. Let's see...
1. Big Blood and the Bleedin' Hearts by Big Blood and the Bleedin' Hearts
2. Rewind the Film by Manic Street Preachers
3. Between Buildings, Towards the Sea by Autumn Owls
4. Ha by Doseone
5. Old Man on the Bridge by King Kong
6. Ten Feet Deep by Ten Feet Deep

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 197198199  Next
Page 33 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.