You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I think yourself is next but I'm not sure. Whoever it is can have East of the River Nile by Augustus Pablo. Can I be a real pain in the arse though and ask that whoever recommends me an album makes it a 2014 release? If that's too specific a constraint, don't worry, I'll review whatever I get.
  • Quote
yourself wrote:
ah your right (just skimmed a few more pages at the start of the thread). I was wondering...ihh person gets it instead. :D


We're good, I heard of those guys a while back when I was checking out some neofolk, so I'll try and get a listen to that album soon.
  • Quote
ihh2013 wrote:
Anyway, for Gowienczyk


Deceiver Of The Gods by Amon Amarth


Iโ€™m very familiar with Amon Amarth, though this one was a bit different from what I remember of their material and I did end up enjoying it though I donโ€™t think it resonated with me to a large extent either way. There was a lot of really cool stuff going on with the general instrumentation though a bit straight-forward, but it was all very much enjoyable. Might have to take them off my โ€˜never want to hear againโ€™ list, though, since I didnโ€™t hate or even dislike this at allโ€ฆ

Quote:
who the hell am I reccing?


Seriously, you guys made this complicated in the last few posts. Whoever does can go do this:


The River And The Thread by Rosanne Cash
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
Then I give you a new one


Dopesmoker by Sleep



benpaco's mind: "Huh, I oughta listen to that Grateful Dead album after this, just thinking about it's put me in a sort of jammy mood"
*puts on album*
"This is pretty jammy itself, that worked out well"
*notices its just one song*

In other words, success.

Gowie, for you ... gah I wanna give you Foiled by Blue October but it feels wrong to do two consecutive BO albums. (teehee BO). Let's go with these guys cuz I've listened to this album twice today:


Only Theatre Of Pain by Christian Death
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
That Christian Death album is a fantastic release. I just go this one, so why don't we share our first experience?



He6 - Go Go Sound '71 Vol. 1 & 2 [psychedelic rock]
  • Quote
I can't remember the exact name of the album and artist (because I remember it being fairly complicated), but I listened to the album Cymro assigned to me last just a few days. I enjoyed it quite a bit; while I did think it dragged on too much, I loved the repetitive rifts that came and went. The album transitioned wonderfully from one "jam" to the next (I don't like using the term jam, but that's the best way to put it). Either way, fantastic choice.

I'm not sure who's next, but here's a rabbit in the hat:



Flying saucer attack self titled.
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:

All Is One by Orphaned Land


So that was actually really cool. Loved the incorporation of eastern music into the metal sound. The instrumentation was fantastic too, especially the guitar work and the orchestration.


For Happymeal:



"Solid Air" - John Martyn

If you've already heard it, let me know, I'll give you something else.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Wow, I fucking love your album, Dinger. There's a kind of naive Ramonesque fun about it, though it never really sounds like them. It has personality, it's upbeat, it's catchy, it's punk, it's like this was designed for me. I'm not too good at reviews and things, but you get it, I totally fucks with it. Also, I'm working maths atm so it's not the perfect context for a long write-up xD I'm not expecting anyone to write something too detailed about my recs either, though, so I guess it's cool. Well this longer than expected. Thanks anyway, fantastic choice!

For Rocky : Right Time by Mighty Diamonds (seems like there's a bug with the search function). You love 70s' music, yet have no reggae on your chart. There's something wrong. Hope you like it and haven't listened to it yet.
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:

Only Theatre Of Pain by Christian Death


I actually havenโ€™t listened to this one in years so this took me back a bit to some of my developmental years (there was a friend of mine that was way into goth rock and related stuff) so yeah. I think I appreciate this record a lot more I do in my twenties than I did in my teens at least, so that might reference how my tastes have matured or mind has opened moreโ€”not sure, but I know I didnโ€™t think much of it when I was younger which is the opposite reaction I have listening to this now. Good atmosphere, love the instrumentation, and watnot.

Quote:
drakonium




Ray LaMontagne - Trouble
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

I deem that you listen to:

Uprostred Slov In The Middle Of Words by Uz Jsme Doma


Cool music. Feels all over the place. I liked this.



Abovy can have Tasmin Archer's 'Great Expectations'


New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 197198199  Next
Page 39 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.