What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 444644474448 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

The World Is A Game by Mystery

Wonderful progressive rock, slick production value.
  • Quote

Black Monk Time by The Monks
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote

Sweet Baby James by James Taylor

My Charts

Overall #203
70's #48
1970 #14
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Call The Doctor by Sleater Kinney

This is my Piรฑata. It contains basically everything I look for in punk, and actually in music in general. This will skyrocket (is that a verb? I think I learned it in class, but I'm not sure) to my top 30 or something.
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:

Call The Doctor by Sleater Kinney

This is my Piรฑata. It contains basically everything I look for in punk, and actually in music in general. This will skyrocket (is that a verb? I think I learned it in class, but I'm not sure) to my top 30 or something.


Great album! And yes, skyrocket is commonly used as a verb (though it is idiomatic slang).
  • Quote

Against The Stars by The Dambuilders

My Charts

Overall #273
90's #74
1997 #7
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Ravenlord by Mystic Prophecy
  • Quote

Ibibio Sound Machine - Ibibio Sound Machine (2014)
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:

Ibibio Sound Machine - Ibibio Sound Machine (2014)


The cover piques my interest, what's it like?
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:
The cover piques my interest, what's it like?


I guess it's like African folk music vocally, albeit with some pretty poppy moments, over with some dirty funk and some Afrobeat and some electronic sounds bubbling underneath. Hard to explain, but it reminds me of the Talking Heads and last year's Aljawal by Debruit & Alsarah. This is my first listen though so perhaps it's nothing like that. It's interesting so far, but I get the feeling that it thinks it's more revolutionary than it actually is. It's actually a pretty retro album. I don't know, I'll give some more in depth thoughts after a few listens. Nothing I've heard here yet is discouraging me from revisiting it very soon.

EDIT: Just realised that it's on the same record label as Aljawal. Makes a lot of sense. If you've not heard that record, I highly recommend it. Top 10 of 2013 for me.

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 444644474448 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 4447 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.