The Remains by The Remains _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
This is pretty much the greatest jazz album one ever heard. Why isn't this mentioned in the same breath around here as some of those Davis, Coltrane, Coleman or Mingus classics? Whatever, that's unimportant. The point is this is amazing and so is Monk.
because we're not Christgau
NickVolosSegnahc Reve4Profile Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Nice pick. I like them better than the Sonics, personally. What do you think?
Nice pick yourself as well - I like the Grateful Dead a lot... ๐ Yes, this is a great album, but I don't think it can compare to the Sonics... Their music output was just more prolific and their influence on future music much greater... _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
Nice pick yourself as well - I like the Grateful Dead a lot... ๐ Yes, this is a great album, but I don't think it can compare to the Sonics... Their music output was just more prolific and their influence on future music much greater...
You're probably right. This album grows on you though. Subtly experimental & no filler. The Remains were from Boston. I'm from Boston. Enough said.
The single "Don't Look Back" was a huge influence on my boys Six Finger Satellite. If you ever want your mind blown, check this out...
The single "Don't Look Back" was a huge influence on my boys Six Finger Satellite. If you ever want your mind blown, check this out...
Never heard the Six Finger Satellite - will surely check them out... ๐
On to:
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
(Turn On) The Music Machine by The Music Machine _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum