What's your album of the day?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 535455 ... 656667  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Listening to a lot of stuff I'd never heard before today, so there's a few that really hit me.


A Day In The Stark Corner by Lycia

A dark cinematic record that I can thank Tonality for leading me to.



330,003 Crossdressers from Beyond the Rig Veda by Sun City Girls

Maybe it's my state of mind, but this is the first Sun City Girls album that I really love. It's like backwoods hillbilly extra from Deliverance covering The Residents
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:

330,003 Crossdressers from Beyond the Rig Veda by Sun City Girls

Maybe it's my state of mind, but this is the first Sun City Girls album that I really love. It's like backwoods hillbilly extra from Deliverance covering The Residents


Fantastic record, possibly my second favourite of theirs after Torch of the Mystics (though Dante's Disneyland Inferno is up there too).

As for my record of the day, it has to be this:


Crippled Lucifer by Burning Witch

Found on Applerill's doom metal chart, and just full of slow, intense, gooey-thick metal that really does sound like impending doom. The singer veers between full-blown cartoon screeching and some Osborne-ish, quasi-religious belting-it-out. I've listened to it thrice in the last 24 hours, and it's a record I can see myself becoming pretty heavily obsessed with. Exactly what I want from my metal.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Pink Flag by Wire


My Charts

1977 #26

This is one I keep passing by...time to break it out and give it a good listen.


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Didn'ty listen to much today (two records), but really like my first listen of


Light Up Gold by Parquet Courts
  • Quote

The Complete Sun Masters by Johnny Cash


My Charts

2008 #19

The mother of all Cash compilations. This is everything he recorded for Sun Records crammed into three glorious discs. The best part (besides the great music and photos) is that many of the songs that were embellished with way too many strings and vocal choruses are heard here before the extras were lathered on. A simply great set.


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Nightclubbing by Grace Jones
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
What's your album of the day? Like, you know, what record if any are you like planning on playing once or twice or three times today.

Personally I'm still riding this high of The Moon and Antarctica. Once I get over listening to this and digesting this then i'll move on. I can never tell ahead of time where my musical heart will lead me. Maybe the new JT!!!

I know a record is great when I start having internal debates as to if it is as great as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. That has been happening with this Modest Mouse album finally.[/s]

Moon and Antarctica is a good album to ride high. I'm on Genesis' Lamb Lies Down on Broadway myself.
  • Quote

Rage Against The Machine by Rage Against The Machine


My Charts

Overall #612
1992 #21

Starting the day off loud and large was a good idea. This was my album of the day from the moment I woke up today. Sometimes, it's a great day for some aggressive explosive heavy music. This will work.


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Grave Dancers Union by Soul Asylum

My Charts

Overall #108
1990's #30
1992 #6

Great, tuneful stuff from one of the better Minneapolis bands. You can't go wrong with a little Soul Asylum on a foggy Saturday morning!


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Vaudeville Villain by Viktor Vaughn

Why did it take me so long to finally give this a listen?
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 535455 ... 656667  Next
Page 54 of 67


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
What is your top 10 Most Played Songs... WillWill1989 Music
Why your top alb. of all time is your... Guest Music
Your Life According To Your Favourite... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.