You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:
Is this what all Vanguarda Paulista sounds like?

From what I understand it was a couple o RYM users that started calling a group of artists the "new Vanguarda Paulista". I don't even know exactly which artists would fit that, and don't know if I agree with that designation, but whatever (Vanguarda Paulista was a movement of some 'experimental' artists in the 80's, check out the album Clara Crocodilo, you'll like it).
There are some excelent albums, but in my opinion none quite as spectacular as MetaL MetaL, maybe only Encarnado. You should check out Metá Metá's self titled too. I say all things that involve Juçara Marçal, Kiko Dinucci and/or Thiago França are worth checking out.
I think it's safe to say we can expect more coming from them 😁 https://soundcloud.com/gomagringa/sets/gg7-003-meta-meta-tony-allen
Gowienczyk wrote:

Emmaar by Tinariwen

I avoided this album for a long time because I don't know why the cover kept me thinking it was some alt-country crap. Was pleasantly surprised when I found out what it was really about. I really liked it, reminds me of deserts and reminds me a bit of Ali Mohammed Birra. Very interesting sounding, but tt gets a little repetitive towards the end.

For dividesbyzero

Mestre Ambrósio by Mestre Ambrósio
  • Quote
brun027 wrote:
I avoided this album for a long time because I don't know why the cover kept me thinking it was some alt-country crap. Was pleasantly surprised when I found out what it was really about. I really liked it, reminds me of deserts and reminds me a bit of Ali Mohammed Birra. Very interesting sounding, but tt gets a little repetitive towards the end.

For dividesbyzero

Mestre Ambrósio by Mestre Ambrósio

this was awesome

And now brun, I give you

E S T A R A by Teebs
  • Quote
For DBZ:


Thank You For Giving Me Your Valuable Time by Kaada
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I'll play along in this for once. Mecca, I'm gonna go ahead and give you something I imagine you'll like and something I rep around here pretty often.


What Fun Life Was by Bedhead

Among the best slowcore releases ever.
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
For DBZ:


Thank You For Giving Me Your Valuable Time by Kaada

ah this was terrific. Seamless production and incorporation of varied samples from everywhere that blended together perfectly. Catchy as fuck but still traversing totally unexpected territory. One of the most fun albums I've listened to in a long time. Thanks for this. I'm keeping this one



Alright Chris I've got you right where I want you

Kesto (234.48:4) by Pan Sonic
Enjoy
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
ah this was terrific. Seamless production and incorporation of varied samples from everywhere that blended together perfectly. Catchy as fuck but still traversing totally unexpected territory. One of the most fun albums I've listened to in a long time. Thanks for this. I'm keeping this one



Alright Chris I've got you right where I want you

Kesto (234.48:4) by Pan Sonic
Enjoy


Leave it to you to pick a four hour album.

Don't consider this post as a part of the thing, next person rec for DBZ. I just had to air my brief grievances.
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Quote:
Gowienczyk



The Island Come True by L. Pierre


I liked this, but that’s about all I can say about it from my dedicated one listen to it in the early morning. It’s pretty decent stuff but I feel contemporaries I’ve listened to feel much better to me such as the likes of Technical Space Composer's Crew and whatnot. With that said there’s some real beautiful stuff out here that stands out for me such as The Kingdom and The Grief That Does Not Speak. Might need to relisten to it a few times to have a deeper opinion on it.

Quote:
dividesbyzero



Sweven by Morbus Chron
  • Quote
SilverWalrus wrote:
What Fun Life Was by Bedhead


Very good record. Been meaning to listen to Bedhead again. The first time through the record, it was too dry even for me, but I let it go through another time and it started to soak in a bit more. It seemed to pick up around "Power" and progressively gets better towards the end. I'll still take Low or any Dean Wareham project over this, but I see this really growing on me.



Gowienczyk,
maybe this one will make up for the lukewarm reception of L.Pierre (Arab Strap).


The Bride Ship by Crime And The City Solution
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
maybe this one will make up for the lukewarm reception of L.Pierre (Arab Strap).


The Bride Ship by Crime And The City Solution


How many people have emulated this record? I swear I’ve heard the exact same thing going on with this record on modern releases, specifically amongst the post-punk revival. This isn’t a bad thing to note for me as I love bands like British Sea Power and this reminds me of a sort of sourcewall for those bands. A bigger surprise for me is that I’ve never listened to this band in the history of my listening and there was a time where I was all about similar bands from the same decade. This was pretty damn good for having zero expectations. Still thinking where all the different sounds resonate with me though it does put me in the mood for bands that were inspired by them for some reason…

Quote:
meccalecca



Fear Fun by Father John Misty
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:

Sweven by Morbus Chron

Well this is a little overdue... anyway, ok I really enjoyed this album. Solidly constructed death metal with psychedelic atmospheric undertones integrated in increasingly creative ways; terrific vocal performance, as far as death metal growling goes. Felt like old-school death metal throwback to a certain extent while still bursting with fresh ideas and postmodern sensibilities. Cheers

Alright and I believe this goes back to you Gowi:

Mutations by Vijay Iyer

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 197198199  Next
Page 56 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.