Album of the day (#1312): On Fire by Galaxie 500

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
newbands1 wrote:
Can to tell me the name of that bootleg?

I know scattered through their 3 albums when including bonus has a handful of covers.So is its just compiling those songs?


More or less, yes. I'll rummage my hard drive and tell you later tonight what it consists of exactly.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
More or less, yes. I'll rummage my hard drive and tell you later tonight what it consists of exactly.


I'll need it too !!

Submmmiiiiiiiisssssssiiooonnn ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:

Oh, and this:


The Wondrous World Of Damon & Naomi by Damon & Naomi

is on par with, if not better than, Galaxie 500's LPs. Try it if you like G500, you won't be disappointed. The same, only more touching.


Yes yes and yes !!

Their debut is also amazing :


More Sad Hits by Damon & Naomi

Luna and Dean Wareham also have great releases to check out once the Galaxie 500 records have crumbled in overplay.
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
newbands1 wrote:
.As for the YMMR comparison i wasn't comparing their sound i was comparing how uncharacteristic of the shoegaze sound that ep was yet was still labelled as such.


I see your argument, but YMMR does share quite a few qualities with plenty of other shoegaze groups (Starflyer 59, Jesu, Some stuff by Swervedriver, etc.), it just also features qualities that are present in noise pop as well and most people tend to classify YMMR as both shoegaze and Noise pop.
  • Quote
CellarDoor wrote:
once the Galaxie 500 records have crumbled in overplay.


๐Ÿค

Just ain't gonna happen. I'd know by now. ๐Ÿคฃ But yeah, I love Luna too!!! The Damon & Naomi releases never impressed me as much. will give them a redo. Thanks!
  • Quote
This shoegaze argument is pretty hilarious.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
[-(

Just ain't gonna happen. I'd know by now. ๐Ÿคฃ But yeah, I love Luna too!!! The Damon & Naomi releases never impressed me as much. will give them a redo. Thanks!


Agree with this entirely, Damon & Naomi are good but Luna are at times astounding. In fact Dean's solo release from this year is one of my favorites that's been released. Obviously Galaxie 500 was a collective brilliance, but Dean's totally got the victory on post-Galaxie stuff. Slash Your Tires is one of my favorite tracks of the 90s.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
World album of the day (#232): Fire F... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#500): Saturd... albummaster Music
'Rolling Stone' Updates '500 Greatest... RFNAPLES Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.