What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 525952605261 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

There's No Leaving Now by The Tallest Man On Earth

First listen of Shallow Grave yesterday,today this.So far both falls short of expectation after Wild Hunt
  • Quote
Since I found out that Anne Briggs was only traditional pieces apart from two songs, I got bored of it very quickly. I'm now listening to this:


Parallelograms by Linda Perhacs
_________________
  • Quote
HazeyTwilight wrote:
Since I found out that Anne Briggs was only traditional pieces apart from two songs, I got bored of it very quickly.

What is the problem with traditional songs? ๐Ÿ™ Did you already know them all?
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
What is the problem with traditional songs? ๐Ÿ™ Did you already know them all?

I don't think there's any problem with traditional songs, but if nearly your entire album is just covers of already existing material, it just doesn't sit right with me calling it an album in present sense. Even if it does expose me to pieces that I didn't know exist, stuff like this is left to music theory classes about ornamentation and other things.
_________________
  • Quote
HazeyTwilight wrote:
I don't think there's any problem with traditional songs, but if nearly your entire album is just covers of already existing material, it just doesn't sit right with me calling it an album in present sense. Even if it does expose me to pieces that I didn't know exist, stuff like this is left to music theory classes about ornamentation and other things.

So David Bowie's Pin-Ups isn't an album? I'm confused. A cover sure is a cover, but do you think it is easy to do one? That it's only about ornamentation? Or I mean, it's not as if her goal was to cover hits to sell her records without efforts, and even then, I'm not sure how it would be different than, say, David Guetta or any other band whose music has blatantly commercial purposes. And finally, she probably picked specific songs to cover and ordered them to make an album, a cohesive piece of music. Again, it's no different than any record of original material.

Covering a song is a work of art, and is as worthy of your attention as any original, and the same goes for albums IMO. I don't really get how anyone could think otherwise ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Quote

Elliott Smith by Elliott Smith
  • Quote
HazeyTwilight wrote:
I don't think there's any problem with traditional songs, but if nearly your entire album is just covers of already existing material, it just doesn't sit right with me calling it an album in present sense. Even if it does expose me to pieces that I didn't know exist, stuff like this is left to music theory classes about ornamentation and other things.


This may change your mind...


Bob Dylan by Bob Dylan
  • Quote

Splinters by Vallenfyre

One of the best death metal releases of the year. Certainly leagues ahead of Behemoth's effort this year.
  • Quote

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
_________________
Speakers of the House DJ
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
This may change your mind...


Bob Dylan by Bob Dylan

I'll keep that in mind. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Moving onto this:

Fantasma by Cornelius
_________________

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 525952605261 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 5260 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.