worst album on BEA

Goto page Previous  1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
SuedeSwede wrote:
That's because it's rated from highest to lowest. Either way, people rating My World 2.0 negative ratings without even hearing the thing are the worst people on BEA, stop being fucking torturous bandwagoning pricks and actually listen to the thing, provide a constructive comment on why you don't like the album, and leave. Hell, I know I didn't provide a sufficient enough comment for, say, Diamanda Galas or Feedbacker (though I like that one now) but at least I didn't just rate it badly without listening to it and gave reasons as to why I disliked it, though they were a little on the over-hateful side.

I hope to God that the people who have just rated it 5/100 seriously gave it an open-minded listen. If not, you're fucking pathetic.

I don't know. Albums like Justin's are hard to give constructive criticism for. For one, I wasted enough of my time listening through his trash from start to finish, and I don't see the purpose in wasting any more of my time writing a constructive comment. Secondly, I wouldn't even know where to start. There's nothing about the album that I liked. I disagree with pretty much everything about his brand.

I listened to the album cover-to-cover out of curiosity, but I don't see anything wrong with someone hearing three songs off of it and giving it a garbage rating. Justin has done nothing but harm to the music industry as far as I'm concerned. I only wish that our ratings on this site actually had more of an impact on the future of the entertainment industry because this crap should be discouraged on every level.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
nicklas wrote:
I listened to the album cover-to-cover out of curiosity, but I don't see anything wrong with someone hearing three songs off of it and giving it a garbage rating.


I kind of get what youre coming from, as i have stopped listening to albums after only 2 or 3 songs. But I dont really get the point of rating the whole thing then. Like why bother giving it 5/100? Yeah you didnt like those songs, but it doesnt really make sense to even waste time rating it then. It just comes across as smug self-satisfaction.

In a similar key, if someone was to rate 5/100 to A Love Supreme, and they say well i heard the first 4 minutes and that's enough, wouldnt you be like wtf dude?
  • Quote
Necharsian wrote:
I kind of get what youre coming from, as i have stopped listening to albums after only 2 or 3 songs. But I dont really get the point of rating the whole thing then. Like why bother giving it 5/100? Yeah you didnt like those songs, but it doesnt really make sense to even waste time rating it then. It just comes across as smug self-satisfaction.

I suppose you're right. Might as well just rate those three songs at that point...

Necharsian wrote:
In a similar key, if someone was to rate 5/100 to A Love Supreme, and they say well i heard the first 4 minutes and that's enough, wouldnt you be like wtf dude?

Nah. I'd get a laugh out of it and feel proud of myself for having good taste.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
nicklas wrote:
Nah. I'd get a laugh out of it and feel proud of myself for having good taste.

notsureifserious

If not : ๐Ÿคฃ

If yes : ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
notsureifserious

If not : ๐Ÿคฃ

If yes : :shock:

Sorry. That's a definite sarcasm.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
No probs, I just wasn't sure haha
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:
Probably doesn't get much lower than this:


My World 2.0 by Justin Bieber

The Internet is so original. I wonder how many of those rating have actually heard the album from start to finish.

Fun story time. So me and my sis shared music for a while in middle school. It seemed like a waste of money to keep albums to ourselves when we had some similar genre tastes. You can gather the rest. Anyways, I had an iPod nano, a beautiful little red thing (if you got red, Apple would donate to Africa). Those of you with iTunes know that it has an auto sync feature so that when you plug your device in, all new music and such would be downloaded to the device. Little did I know my beloved sister had downloaded this gem of an album because her friend recommended it to her. So I was sitting on the bus looking through my music, scrolling along and see this. I listened to it. And by listen I mean I sat through like half of each song before skipping to the next.
Wasn't there a song about algebra on that album or was that a different one by him?
_________________
Pipe Dreams is a virus...
  • Quote

Bitchcraft by Blood On The Dance Floor
_________________
Pipe Dreams is a virus...
  • Quote

A Rainbow In Curved Air by Terry Riley

Hated this.
  • Quote
NowhereMan wrote:

A Rainbow In Curved Air by Terry Riley

Hated this.


๐Ÿคฃ

Of course you did.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234  Next
Page 3 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] (CLOSED) BYT 2.0 - DECIDER - WORST OF... Jimmy Dread Tournaments
BEAM Comp. #3: BEA on BEA Applerill Music
BEA Map (Where are BEA's users located?) ShaneSpear Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.