What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 589158925893 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:

The Secret Tapes Of Dr. Eich by Paperclip People

It's techno night... Well, for another hour.


Oy that jpg was ugly. fixed that one, and I'll check this out too.
_________________
Here's my 2014 chart
  • Quote

Selected Ambient Works Volume II by Aphex Twin

This is quite probably my girlfriend's least favourite record of all-time. Every time she's ever heard me playing it, she's had a particularly violent reaction*. And so I like to take the opportunity to listen to it as much as possible when she's at work.









*Usually something along the lines of, "TURN THAT FUCKING CREEPY SHIT OFF! IT'S HORRIBLE, IT'S NOT EVEN MUSIC, JUST STRANGE RANDOM NOISES. HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYBODY EVEN FUCKING ENJOY THAT FUCKING SHIT?". And here's me thinking it's actually extremely accessible. But whatever.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
CREEPY SHIT!


I'm pretty sure that's why I like it.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
"IT'S NOT EVEN MUSIC, JUST STRANGE RANDOM NOISES. HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYBODY EVEN FUCKING ENJOY THAT FUCKING SHIT?"

I have an inkling we all get this from time to time from our friends and loved ones. I know I do...
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:

Hawks And Doves by Neil Young

Highly recommend to Neil Young fanboys. If you love Neil, this is quite enjoyable. The second half paves the way for the Mekons.


It's relatively short am I right?


Bringing It All Back Home by Bob Dylan

Listening project - 37/1000
  • Quote

He Poos Clouds by Final Fantasy
  • Quote
NowhereMan wrote:
It's relatively short am I right?


Yeah. Around 30 minutes I think. He was pretty busy taking care of his kid who had cerebral Palsy at the time. At least one on the songs is written for his his son - geared to getting his son up in the morning. I'll b playing it for my kids soon! ๐Ÿ˜


Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

Perhaps the perfect blend of electronica and rock. Some of the best atmospherics on record. ever. Those creepy, chugging synths in the background on Welcome to the Machine rule. The vocals are filled with passion - like he's pleading a warning. One of the most important electronica bands of all time.

The line "riding the gravy train" oozes with sarcasm. He's actually poking fun of that line of thinking and chose the most cringe worthy phrase on purpose. Some of these lyrics would become rock n' roll canon, burned into the cultural lexicon at the time. But honestly, most rock lyrics are pretty easy to poke fun of if you actually analyze them.


Last edited by RepoMan on 09/17/2014 22:40; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
I have an inkling we all get this from time to time from our friends and loved ones. I know I do...

One time I had complaints from my brother that I was listening to some unlistenable, screaming rubbish. And it was Tindersticks... I still have no idea how that happened. But, then again, my family agrees that Amon Tobin has released the worst music they've ever heard, so what do they know?
  • Quote
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
I have an inkling we all get this from time to time from our friends and loved ones.


*sigh* my wife liked my music when were dating. Then we got married... LOL.

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 589158925893 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 5892 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.