You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 646566 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

A Short Album About Love by The Divine Comedy

Don't really have too much to say about this one, I felt that it was inconsistent, as certain songs stood out well above others. The orchestration was good, maybe a bit too much in certain situations. I didn't get to focus on lyrics too greatly, but the track "If..." started out very generic, but built up to become far more interesting at the end. In the end, this album is successful in achieving what the title says, being a short album about love.

My Rating: 75/100 (Maybe this would be better after extra listens, but it is likely that it will be a while until I revisit this one...)
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:

Here happymeal, you get...


Close Enough by The Tiny


I guess if you enjoy jazzy classical infused minimalist pop tracks, then this'd be for you, but I found this boring. The singing was decent, but the tracks were never full. The composition was pretty good, but I honestly won't be revising this ever again because of the lack of material within the tracks (instrumentation wise) which wasn't all that intriguing to me.

Whoever gets:

Daemonia Nymphe self titled

  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:




The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean-Jacques Perrey by Jean-Jacques Perrey

The first thing that came to mind when it started was the feeling of flying on a rainbow on a unicorn, so I scroll down to the comments on the youtube video and apparently everyone somehow got there through My Little Poney. Makes sense. The whole thing looks like soundtracks for cartoons and stuff for children, varying from unicorns, to space travel, to wii sports when they're on a beach and there's that caribean feel to it, etc. Well, all those things are great, but here it just looks so fluffy and dated that it quickly gets annoying, although there are definetely a few great beats (don't know if the word is correct) here and there. The fact that this album was made in 1968 is impressive, and the dude clearly had some fresh ideas in his mind. It's ok.

for Happymeal

Canรงรตes Subterrรขneas by A Naifa
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
How about this:


Wired by Jeff Beck


Yep Jeff Beck sounds pretty much how I remembered, which isn't a bad thing at all. Technically proficient as always, and I love those jazz inflections (really interesting take on Goodbye Porkpie Hat). I feel like the album was brought down by some tracks relying almost exclusively on Beck's proficiency, without much substance beyond that, but those are counteracted with moments of pure creative jazzy fun, ("Come Dancing" being among them). The production is solid though parts of the mixing irked me for some reason. Something just felt a tad off. But again, Beck's playing makes up for all of that. Not a huge fan of his body of work as a whole, but this was pretty solid, and damn can that man play.


ok Brun here's one for you:

Burner by Odd Nosdam
  • Quote
Ok I'm new to this thread, so this is my free album to post.


Zitilites by Kashmir
_________________
"Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Well, shaydndepriest, I don't recall having ever seen you before so, *flips another coin*


You get this:

E. 1999 Eternal by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony


Intersting, but far from extraordinary. It's an enjoyable, mid-tempo, head bobbing, fast delivery kind of rap. And I love the delivery style of these guys. If ten monkeys banging on keyboards could (eventually) rewrite Shakespeare, these guys could recite it in under an hour, and have every word come across crystal clear. I'll have to give it a second spin sometime soon.

Well meruizh, enjoy:



Mister Heartbreak by Laurie Anderson. I'd link you, but I'm on mobile.
_________________
alelsupreme wrote:
i am the obscure music man and when i hear anything thats sold more than 2000 copies i scream wordlessly and painfully until someone changes it.
  • Quote
I'll give you an EP in case it bores you...


An Argument With Myself by Jens Lekman

I'll get around to the Daemonia Nymph album soon...
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
meruizh wrote:

Zitilites by Kashmir

Decent alt. rock album, unfortunately I feel compelled to describe it with a bunch of descriptors that I absolutely loath seeing used (generic, samey, etc.) I feel like there were definitely some interesting ideas were floating through the album, but the songs felt more like vessels of alt. rock formula meant to facilitate the eventual execution of these interesting ideas, before falling back into formula. Not bad by any means, but not something I really see myself revisiting any time soon.

shaydndepriest wrote:

sidenote: great rec. Laurie Anderson is a goddess and this album is a jewel. Have fun with it meruizh!


Anyway, time to rec another album to nacho... hm...

ok, you might dig this

Tiger, My Friend by Psapp
  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:
Next is Rocky, right?

Okay, I just listened to this today....


Fantasma by Cornelius


I actually did listen to this, forgot to post something though.

It was definitely interesting. Extremely different, but in a kind of cool way, I'm not sure how to describe it. It didn't blow me away, but still, cool album.


For DBZ:


Unquestionable Presence by Atheist
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
rocky I will get to your album shortly but first I need to give you an album before someone else steals my position to force you to listen to:

Beauty And The Beat by Edan

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 646566 ... 197198199  Next
Page 65 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.